The French Embassy to Canada (with the Consulate in Vancouver) and Vancouver’s Center for Digital Media are pleased to invite you the first edition of Enterprising Culture in Vancouver on November 2nd & 3rd at the brand new Emily Carr University campus.
Join us and meet companies and professionals in Immersive Technologies from France, Ontario and British Columbia.
- Enterprising Culture (by invitation-only) is an international forum that provides opportunities for discussions, exchanges and concrete proposals between Canadian and French professionals from the worlds of culture, creative, and media industries and a place to learn about key trends in these innovative markets.
- This edition focuses on start-ups and companies working in Immersive Technologies (VR/AR, MR, 3D display, Holographic experience, etc) with a program designed to showcase new digital technologies (hardware and software) and innovative content producers from both countries for two days of conversation, panel discussions, presentations and demos.
November 2nd is dedicated for panels while November 3rd is for pitches, demos and networking sessions including the presentation of CFC MediaLab’s Pulse on VR: A living Ecosystem* during the closing ceremony.
Panel topics of November 2nd will be:
- Building Partnerships in the VR/AR and MR Economy
- The VR workflow: Building and sharing knowledge from VR development project
- Changing the cultural space with VR experiences
- Infinite possibilities for *R experiences ?
- Frédéric Josué, President of Uni-VR think tank and Global Executive Advisor to Havas Media Global
- Ana Serrano, Chief Digital Officer at the Canadian Film Centre
- Wilson Tang, Founder and CEO of Yumebau Inc.
- Jean-Dominique Secondi, Director of production, La Gaîté lyrique (French digital arts centre in Paris)
– Thursday, 2 November 2017 at 3:15 PM – to – Friday, 3 November 2017 at 8:00 PM
– Emily Carr University of Art + Design & Centre for Digital Media, Great Northern Way, Vancouver, BC V5T 0C6. (Parking available, Translink VCC Skytrain or Bus #84)
– For the full program, list of speakers and presentation of the companies, visitwww.enterprisingculture.
For interview requests, registration and any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me:
Media officer at the Consulate of France in Vancouver
* Co-authored by CFC Media Lab and OMERS Ventures, in collaboration with Nordicity, initially this study was titled, Pulse on VR: A Workflow and Ecosystem Study. It has been designed to focus on the VR ecosystem in Canada and consists of VR startup survey research, as well as case study interviews.http://cfccreates.