Heart-shaped Cakes, Edible Chocolate Bouquets, Gift Boxes Among Chocolatier and Pâtissier’s Latest Lineup of Confections to Treat Mom
Recently singled out for ‘Best Patisserie’ honours at the 29th annual Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards, the Thomas Haas team is pleased to offer an assortment of handspun confections as part of their 2018 signature Mother’s Day collection, including:
- Heart-shaped Strawberry Shortcake — Get right to the heart of the matter with this almond orange cake on a shortbread crust topped with Tahitian vanilla cream and fresh strawberries.$24 for 4 servings / $42 for 8 servings.
- Heart-shaped Chocolate Cake — A decadent way to show (and share) your love, this signature cake mingles layers of dark chocolate cake, tonka ganache, tonka crème brûlée and fresh raspberries. $42 for 8 servings.
- High Heels — Proving that every mom deserves a chance to kick up her heels, this whimsical item is airbrushed with vibrant cocoa-butter colouring and filled with an assortment of chocolates and truffles. $39 small / $49 large.
- Ladybug — Everyone’s favourite garden visitor gets the Mother’s Day treatment courtesy of a delicate chocolate dome filled with chocolate-covered nuts, truffles and chocolates and adorned with hand-painted cocoa-butter wings, a matcha white chocolate leaf and hand-piped daisy. $39.
- Spring Flower Pots — An edible assortment of flowers every bit as delicious as it is eye-catching, this creation gathers together chocolate tulips, roses and marguerite daisies and is filled with caramelized cocoa-nib soil and decorated with an assortment of colourful flowers, butterflies, chocolates and truffles. $39.
- Signature Gift Boxes — Available in a variety of tiers and sizes, these popular gift boxes can be easily filled with a customized assortment of handcrafted Thomas Haas chocolates and truffles. 2 piece, $7; 4 piece, $12; 9 piece, one tier, $21; 18 piece, two tier, $35; 27 piece, 3 tier, $52; 36 piece, 4 tier, $67; 45 piece, 5 tier, $82; 54 piece, 6 tier, $99.
All 2018 Mother’s Day products will be available at both Thomas Haas cafés in North Vancouver and Kitsilano, with a limited selection also available at high-end retailers such as Whole Foods and Urban Fare. A variety of items may also be ordered online at thomashaaas.com and shipped across Canada.