80 Cities Worldwide Host Annually the Legendary Pop-Up Culinary Event,
Vancouver will celebrate its 7th Le Dîner en Blanc on August 23, 2018
2018 marks the 30thAnniversary of Le Dîner en Blanc in Paris and its 7th edition in Vancouver, BC. The pop-up, elegant and secret affair has quickly become known as THE August el fresco event of the year! This year’s event is confirmed to take place on Thursday, August 23, at a beautiful, secret location.
Participation to the unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. Register now at vancouver.dinerenblanc.com/
“We’re thrilled to announce that this year’s event will be hosted within one of the city’s most beautiful green spaces and is quite possibly the most stunning location for Le Dîner en Blanc – Vancouver to date. Our team has placed a strong focus on partnering with key local chefs, wineries, artists and musicians, incorporating fun pop-up features completely immersive experiences to enhance this already magical evening out,” says Tyson Villeneuve, co-founder of The Social Concierge.
Every summer in cities around the world, thousands of people dressed entirely in white descend on a landmark public space with everything they need for an elegant soirée in tow, including a folding table and chairs, gourmet picnic food, fine china, silverware, and a tablecloth. Over the course of the evening, the guests eat and celebrate amid live music and dancing. Many spend weeks in advance planning their menus and the white ensemble. The event offers the perfect occasion to express their unique fashion and design style; the elaborate and creative outfits, fantastical hats, and decorative table settings are always a fabulous spectacle.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure locations and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
- Champagne and/or wine will be available for pre-purchase. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Vancouver alcohol laws/regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- Guests will have the option to pre-purchase a packaged catered dinner by leading culinary partner Hawksworth Catering.
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food, proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
vancouver.dinerenblanc.com.Le Dîner en Blanc – Vancouver gratefully acknowledges Concord Pacific, Mile’s End Motors and National Bank as official local partners and J.P Chenet and Boursin as official national partners of the 2018 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc.
About Le Dîner en Blanc
2018 marks the 30th anniversary of Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris! Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Le Dîner en Blanc – Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in close to 80 cities in 30 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info, photos and videos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.About The Social Concierge
The Social Concierge is a boutique branding and marketing agency that specializes in delivering unique, premium solutions to a select range of experientially focused clients. The Social Concierge is best known for their portfolio of designer in-house events and tailored hosting programmes for special guests both locally and abroad including: The Deighton Cup, Le Dîner en Blanc, and Dinner by Design, to name a few.About Boursin
Boursin® is the official fine cheese partner of Le Dîner en Blanc. Created in 1957 by François Asparti in France, Boursin® is an irresistible gourmet pleasure arousing food experiences. With its unique creamy and crumbly texture & made with 100% Canadian milk, Boursin® is about elegance, taste, allure and refinement. It is the perfect cheese to share while spending special moments with friends and family, such as picnics, dinner parties or a simple gathering. More at inspiration.boursin.ca/en/