|“Home Tweet Home was created in an effort to capture and celebrate the magic of children’s imaginations,” said Tyson Kidd, show manager for Marketplace Events, producer of the BC Home + Garden Show. “Partnering with Ronald McDonald House British Columbia on this initiative has been an amazing experience. We truly relish the opportunity to help support their deserving families.”Ronald McDonald House British Columbia provides a home-away-from-home for 2,500 families from outside Vancouver each year, so they can stay close to their children receiving care at BC Children’s Hospital. Providing this safe environment comes with an operating cost of $2.2 million each year; a $75 contribution covers the cost of one night’s stay at Ronald McDonald House British Columbia.
“We are always looking for ways to get involved in the community and bring awareness to Ronald McDonald House British Columbia,” Richard Pass, CEO of Ronald McDonald House British Columbia. “Partnering with the BC Home + Garden Show has allowed our families and children to dream, create, and most importantly, have fun.”
- Coleen Christie, Anchor at CTV Vancouver
- Norma Reid, Anchor at CTV Vancouver
- Keri Adams, Anchor at CTV Vancouver
- Randene Neill, Anchor at Global BC
- Dunia Tozy, Producer at SHAW TV
- Karen Khunkhun, Host at C FOX
- Ruby & Cruise, Hosts at Z 95.3
- Stacey McLachlan, Associate Editor at Western Living
- Kelsey Dundon, Blogger at The Anthology
- Karin Bohne, Interior Designer at Moeski Design Agency
- Christine Friend, Decorator at Friendly Decorator
- Jamie Banfield, Interior Designer at Jamie Banfield Design
- Kate Horsman, Blogger at Bullet with Butterfly Wings
- Stephanie Rose, Blogger at Garden Therapy
- Louisa Chan, Blogger at L for Life
- Jennifer Pistor, Blogger at Prairie Girl in the City
- Bria Lear, Owner of Digital Darlings
- Paul Mon-Kau, Owner of The District Restaurant Group
- Marisa & Rachel, Co-founders of Laneway Art Collective
- Christina Lazeski, Creative Director at Paperclip Creative
Home Tweet Home will be open for bids daily from Wednesday, February 18 until Sunday, February 22 at the BC Home + Garden Show. Buy tickets online and save $3 at www.bchomeandgardenshow.com.
About the BC Home + Garden Show: The BC Home + Garden Show has been a staple in consumers’ calendars since 1971, attracting more than 55,000 qualified visitors every spring. Produced by Marketplace Events, the show features high-interest exhibits, high-profile industry personalities and the latest home and lifestyle trends. Marketplace Events produces 38 home shows in 21 markets that collectively attract 1.5 million attendees and another 1.7 million unique web visitors annually.
About Ronald McDonald House British Columbia: Ronald McDonald House British Columbia, serving 2,500 families each year, is a nurturing and magical home-away-from-home for sick children and their families where, together, their lives are enhanced through unconditional support, encouragement, friendship and love.