With the success of the Black Hills Ride last year, we are pleased to announce we have expanded this year’s ride to 2 days of riding, great food and wine. We are extremely excited that Olympic Silver Medalist and X Games Gold Medalist Kelsey Serwa will be joining us on the ride and we will again be raising money for her KSER bursary.
I’m thrilled to announce that multiple Olympian, former World and Canadian Champion mogul skier Kristi Richards will be able to join us. And she will be catering the Friday night dinner at Black Hills Winery with the talented crew from her organic farm to table restaurant Solfeggio in Pemberton.
Joining us on the ride this year, and generously providing wine, beer and other support will be:
- Robert Thielicke, Winemaker, Joie Farm in Naramata.
- David Enns Proprietor/Winemaker at Laughing Stock in Naramata.
- Larry Gerelus , Proprietor, Stags Hollow in Okanagan Falls
- Trevor Hanna, Director of Hospitality at Big White
- And we will be enjoying the wine and the great food at Liquidity Winery in Okanagan Falls on Sundayafternoon.
- Tree Brewery has generously donated Beer, Cider and Radlers and hopefully Proprietor Tod Melnk will be able to join us.
- And myself, Graham Pierce, Winemaker at Black Hills as well as a few more of my winemaking friends will be joining us and sharing bottles.
Here is a quick overview of the awesome weekend of cycling, amazing food and unique wine experiences.
- Friday May 22ndat Black Hills Winery-Welcome dinner, package pick up and guide introductions. Olympian Kristie Richards and the talented staff at her Solfeggio Restaurant in Pemberton will cater dinner. Try wines from our partner wineries as well as a barrel tasting of Black Hills wine.
- Saturday May 23rdwill begin with a “neutral” start from the hotels in Osoyoos with the official start from the Black Hills Wine Experience Centre on Black Sage road. We will be enjoying SoLo bars, Espresso, Green Smoothies and snacks from 8:00am to 9:00am before the ride commences.
- 9:00amMay 23rd Ride Starts from the Wine Experience Centre. Riders will split up into 3 groups of about 15 riders to take on three different routes through the beautiful South Okanagan, varying in length from 65 to 100km.
- We will be full supported by Ed Kruger from Monashee Adventure Toursand we will have fully stocked aid stations along the way. We will finish at Watermark Resort in Osoyoos for a well-deserved lunch accompanied by a variety of fabulous wine and beer.
- Saturdaynight we will hop on a shuttle for the short drive to Black Hills Wine Experience Centre for an incredible opportunity to enjoy a 4 course dinner prepared by the amazing team from Joy Road Catering expertly paired with our partner wineries. The winemakers will be on hand to talk about their wines.
- Sunday May 24thbegins the same way with the option to roll from Osoyoos or drive/shuttle to the start at Black Hills. Smoothies, coffee and snacks will be available before the official start on a much easier ride to Okanagan Falls. We will have 3 groups covering 3 different routes, including a valley bottom route for anyone who might have overdone it on Saturday (or Saturday night). All the rides will end at the stunning Liquidity Winery in Okanagan Falls where we will enjoy lunch and wine before taking the shuttle back to Osoyoos
- Included in this package for $499.00
- 2 Scenic guided rides with ride support and deluxe aid
- 2 Breakfast bars with green smoothies, coffee and espresso
- Aid stations on the course featuring SoLo bars, delicious bakes good from Solfeggio, fruit and rice cakes
- Welcome Dinner with wine and barrel tastings at Black Hillson Friday
- Finish Line Lunch at Watermark on Saturday
- Wine Paired Dinner catered by the superstars at Joy Road Cateringat the Black Hills Wine Experience Centre on Saturday.
- Lunch and wine tasting at Liquidityon Sunday
- All shuttles from Walnut Beach and Watermark in Osoyoos to dinner at the winery on Saturday night.
- Shuttle from Liquidity winery on Sundayback to the hotels in Osoyoos.
This event has limited registration. Please complete and email back the attached registration form.. Please included a daytime phone number and we will call you to confirm and obtain credit card information
We have some great rates with our partner hotels in Osoyoos. We have reserved a limited number of rooms at these rates. At Watermark Beach Resort, One Bedroom suites start at $158 and at Walnut Beach Resort, Studio starting at $118/night and one bedroom at $148. . Please contact the hotels directly to book.