The Westin Bayshore Takes it Lying Down for ‘World Sleep Day’
Celebrate and improve your slumber at a day-long series of events throughout the hotel, March 13
World Sleep Day (WSD) is an annual, global event described as “a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including medicine, education, social aspects and driving”.
Established in 2008, it now involves the participation of more than 50 nations, as well as countless organizations and individuals.
This year’s WSD takes place Friday, March 13, and The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver will be doing its part to promote the mind-and-body benefits that come from deep relaxation, self-care, and a fabulous night’s shuteye.
Beginning at 11am and continuing throughout the day, a series of sleep-themed events and attractions will be hosted in various locations throughout the hotel.
• In the lobby, staff from the hotel’s luxury spa, Vida, will be offering 10-minute massage treatments inspired by “yoga nidra” — the meditative state between waking and sleeping. These treatments are complimentary for hotel guests.
• An interactive lobby display with a mock-up of one of the hotel’s newly renovated guest rooms (featuring Westin’s signature Heavenly Bed) will be available to engage guests throughout the day. WSD ambassadors at the station will explain Westin’s “Eight Hours In” initiative (encouraging the benefits of a full eight hours’ sleep), and sharing samples of sleep-promoting Lavender Moon Mylk Lattes and dark chocolate cherry almond bark.
• A Q&A with on-site nutritionist Julie Pecarski about easy “hacks” to improve your sleep. Julie Pecarski is a nutritionist, blogger, and lifestyle consultant who gives her clients the tools to avoid burnout and cure hormonal imbalances. You’ll find a selection of her resources, including how-to videos, paleo + plant-based recipes, and other lifestyle posts at eatlifebalance.com.
• From 5pm onward, H Tasting Lounge will be serving the Sleep Elixir Cocktail, created especially for WSD.
• A “Meditation Made Easy” class at the Westin Bayshore’s own Just Add Water Yoga Studio at 8pm.
All guests checking in will also receive a curated itinerary of nearby attractions to explore throughout the weekend, after recharging from a full night’s rest. Book a renewing staycation at westinbayshore.com to start your road to rejuvenation.
Media release provided by Laura Serena, Serena PR.