Behind the Beverage: Featuring Starbucks Canada’s Exclusive new Apple Oat Flat White
The new non-dairy delight delivers all the comforts of the season in one hot mug!
Have you celebrated the arrival of Oat beverage? The latest addition to the Starbucks menu gives coffee-lovers across Canada the chance to add a velvety smoothness to their favourite classic drinks with fresh customizations, as well as the exciting arrival of the NEW Apple Oat Flat White, exclusive to Canada.
Importance of Oat Beverage
The Possibilities are Endless
· Starbucks Oat beverage can be used to customize fall-favourites like the Caramel Macchiato or Pumpkin Spice Latte.
· Looking to go off-roading? Try some of these tasty at beverage customizations:
o Honey Oat Latte
o Pumpkin Spice Macchiato with Caramel Drizzle
o Caramel Oat Latte
o Cinnamon Dolce Latte with Almond Beverage
o Iced Chai with Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
o Chai Tea Latte with Pumpkin Spice
o Caramel Apple Spice
o Toffee Nut Flat White
· Oat beverage has become a fast-growing dairy alternative in Canada. Last year saw Oat beverage sales spike by 250 per cent nationwide*. This year, Canadian popularity has grown over 434 per cent*.
· To meet the growing demand, Oat beverage is the company’s latest plant-based offering and fourth dairy alternative to join Starbucks Canada’s menu, which includes soy beverage, almond beverage and coconut beverage.
Striving for a Sustainable Future
· Expanding plant-based menu options at Starbucks delivers more than choice, customization and meeting emerging customer preferences—these offerings also support the company’s global sustainability commitments to be resource and planet positive by 2030.
· Starbucks Oat beverage is Non-GMO, made without artificial flavours or colours, and is made by a Canadian company based out of Burnaby, B.C., which has manufacturing facilities in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec.
If you’re new to the Oat beverage game and are looking for the perfect first sip, we don’t mean to (gl)oat, but the Apple Oat Flat White is turning heads for more than one reason. The Canadian-exclusive is Starbucks Canada’s first seasonal drink featuring Oat beverage, which launched in stores nationally on August 25th.
When Starbucks product team set out to develop a brand-new fall beverage this year, they already had a delicious combination in mind. With the nationwide launch of Oat beverage set to launch right in time for the season, two things were certain: the new beverage would feature Starbucks signature espresso; and would elevate the mild, nutty flavour and velvety foam of Oat beverage.
After countless pairings of flavours and dozens of trials of espresso beverages, the team found their coziest combination reminiscent of signature fall activities like apple picking, cider making, and of course, apple pie. Thus, the Starbucks Apple Oat Flat White was born: a perfectly handcrafted combination of Starbucks signature espresso, velvety steamed Oat beverage, roasted apple syrup, finished with a clove sugar topping.
“We wanted to create a beverage that was coffee forward but made you feel like fall has arrived,” says Peter Furnish, vice president of product and marketing, Starbucks Canada. “Apple is an obvious fall flavour but cooked apple, combined with oat, adds a comforting dimension that really captures the season.”
This coffee-forward beverage not only offers Starbucks customers another way to enjoy fall in a cup, it provides a delicious dairy alternative for customers looking for more choice.
The Apple Oat Flat White is Starbucks Canada’s first seasonal drink featuring Oat beverage, which launched in stores nationally on August 25. Oat beverage, which has grown over 434% in Canada this year*, is the company’s latest plant-based offering and fourth dairy alternative to join Starbucks Canada’s menu, which includes soy beverage, almond beverage and coconut beverage. Starbucks Oat beverage is Non-GMO and made without artificial flavours or colours.
While delicious on its own, the subtly sweet flavour and nutty, roasty, oat notes of the Starbucks Apple Oat Flat White pairs perfectly with the slightly savory and rich and creamy Starbucks Cheese Danish, for the ultimate flavour pairing.
Source: Nielsen, National, Total Non Dairy Oat Beverage, Last 52 weeks, data to July 11 2020.
Media release and images provided by Meredith Blok, Talk Shop Media