“Ride with a Winemaker” Cycling Tour of the South Okanagan May 23-24 weekend, based out of Black Hills Estate Winery
Join Black Hills Winemaker Graham Pierce and a group of 30 other wine & cycling lovers for a very special weekend in the South Okanagan. Enjoy riding through the beautiful Okanagan vineyard country by day and tasting some wonderful wine and food by night. For the diehard cyclists we will have a tour that replicates some of the more challenging aspects of the GranFondo ride. This will be a great tune-up ride for those considering riding in the GranFondo in July. For those wishing something more leisurely, we will have two other, less intense ride options for you. We will have a support vehicle service for the ride!
Schedule of Events
Friday May 23,
7:00- 9:30 pm
- Welcome BBQ Dinner at the Winery on the Crush Pad with fellow riders
- Followed by an exclusive special barrel tasting with Graham in the Black Hills Cellar.
- Distribution of cycling jerseys, socks and briefing on the ride the next day.
Saturday May 24,
8:15 -9:00 am
- Pre-ride snacks including coffee, smoothies, bars, cookies, fruit, bagels, muffins, water at the Black Hills Wine Experience Center
9:15 am- 1:00 pm
- The Ride Starts. For the serious riders, the long ride will be southern portion of Axel Merckx Gran Fondo route. Starting from the winery we will head down Black Sage road, then up the west side of the valley, up the gruelling Fairview cellars climb and into Willowbrook.
- At this point riders looking for the shorter 65 km ride will turn towards See Ya Later ranch and ride back to Okanagan falls before heading south back to Black Hills.
- Riders looking for a longer ride will turn left and head along White Lake Road towards the Observatory. When we reach Highway 97 riders can decide if they want to head to Penticton for close to a 100k day or head south for a 75 km day.
1:00 – 3:00 pm
- BBQ Lunch and post-ride Celebration at the Black Hills owners private residence: The Wine Lodge
3:00 pm –
- The rest of the day and the weekend are free to do whatever you want to, and as you please.
Ride with a Winemaker Package includes:
- Special Black Hills Estate Winery cycling jersey and socks (regular value $135.00)
- Crush Pad Dinner on Friday night with Wine
- Exclusive Barrel Room barrel tasting with Winemaker Graham Pierce (reg. Value $50)
- Pre-ride breakfast at the Wine Experience Center
- BBQ Lunch with wine after the ride at the Wine Lodge on Saturday afternoon
- Free wine tasting at the Wine Experience Center
- Guide for your ride, whether on the Intense, Moderate or Leisurely ride
- Support vehicle for semi-support to assist riders who need repairs or a lift back to the winery
- Snacks and energy bars during the ride
- A voucher for a complimentary VIP Private Cabana wine tasting at the Wine Experience Center (Value $50)
Package does not include
- Hotel accommodations. However special reduced rates are available for participants at the beautiful Walnut Beach Resort.
- Bicycles. You must bring your own or please arrange for your own rental.
- Items of a personal nature.
The Package above has limited availability and is only $249.00 per person
To Register and for further information
- Please contact Graham Pierce at email@example.com
Notes on the ride:
- This will be a semi supported ride, we will have Monashee Adventure Tours providing a support van to help deal with mechanicals and shuttle any guests who might tire out back to the group. Please bring your own tools/tube to deal with minor repairs.
- There will be a couple of regrouping points where we will have water, coffee and snacks.
- Routes subject to change depending on weather, road condition and the group.
|Black Hills Estate Winery, 4318 Black Sage Road, Oliver, British Columbia V0H 1T1, Canada|