Take the wonder and fun that is Telus World of Science. Add to that a one-of-a-kind event that explores the art and science of mixology, and the result is Science of Cocktails this Thursday, February 4th from 8pm to midnight.
This unique fundraising event is in support of Science World’s Class Field Trip Program, which provides free class field trips to Science World for students at underserved schools in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. An average class field trip to Science World (including transportation to and from the facility, a workshop, an OMNIMAX film, and a take-home activity) costs between $900 and $1,100 per class. Funds raised at Science of Cocktails will allow hundreds of classes, and thousands of students to experience all that Science World has to offer.
- The event is OPEN BAR, with 25 different bar stations serving cocktails especially crafted by award-winning bartenders
- Ticket also includes APPETIZERS throughout the night, prepared by Railtown Catering
- Guests who fill out and drop off their DRINK PASSPORT at the event are also eligible to win prizes.
- PRIZES include a Tesla Motors package, where the winner gets to drive a Tesla for an evening; a weekend stay at Fairmont Pacific Rim for 2 people plus breakfast at ORU (valued at $780); a SmartyPantz Group Escape Experience for 8 people; and more.
- BARTENDER SHOWDOWN: Vancouver’s top bartenders will be competing to win the evening’s Cocktail Competition, awarded by a panel of industry judges. Winner will receive a trophy made of a 3D printed martini glass designed for astronauts to use in space. Guests can also vote for their favourite cocktails through their drink passports; the winning bartender will be given The People’s Choice award.
Tickets are still available for $145 general / $250 VIP online.
No tickets will be sold at the door. This is a 19+ event, and two pieces of ID will be required to enter.