Canada’s food trend expert shares gifts that fill your heart and belly
Angie Quaale has done it again. Quaale’s Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store has you covered for Valentine’s Day with five gift ideas that will keep you and your plus one happy, full, and wanting more. Gluten-free ideas are also plentiful without having to compromise the flavours.
1. STAY IN for a Romantic & Hassle-Free Dinner for Two ($75 per order): New this year, food expert Angie Quaale has put together the perfect dinner IN. Skip the busy Valentine’s Day restaurant reservations and pre-order your gourmet and gluten-free dinner set between February 8-14 via Well Seasoned’s online store. Have it delivered within 24 hours of ordering or pick-up at the Well Seasoned Store. Portions are extremely generous and will last until the next meal. Everything is gluten-free, super convenient, gourmet quality, and best of all, choose your favourite wine and Netflix show in the comfort of your own home.
Each order ($75) includes a four-course dinner for two people:
A Cheese and Charcuterie Board for two featuring products from Winecrush with all of the appropriate accompaniments.
Organic Designer Greens with Strawberries, Goat Cheese, Candied Pecans and a Housemade Champagne Vinaigrette
Red Wine Braised Beef, Butternut Squash Puree & Rosemary Garlic Smashed Baby Potatoes
Sous Vide Chicken Breast, Mushroom Farro & Roasted Cauliflower
Chocolate & Salted Caramel Pot de Creme
2. Feb 14 Cooking Class ($225 per couple): A special collaboration of food and wine on this special night. Chef Carl will prepare the perfect meal and the KIS Consulting team will match each course with a hand-selected wine. Learn new skills, dine at Well Seasoned, take home recipes, and plan the perfect unforgettable date.
Each class is $225 per couple (limited to 10 couples). Call to book: 604-530-1518. More information available on Well Seasoned’s website – scroll down and select February 14.
3. Ready-to-Eat Cookie Dough: Curl up on the couch and slowly devour spoonfuls of this delectable treat with your loved one. This special Ready-To-Eat Cookie Dough allows food-lovers to safely consume the “raw” dough. There are no raw eggs or unpasteurized ingredients – they are designed to satisfy the cookie dough craving without the risk. Now with the gluten-free recipe, those with dietary restrictions don’t have to take a risk, either. Available for $6.99 ($7.99 for gluten-free version) in-store at Langley’s Well Seasoned or online (ships Canada-wide), each dough is packaged in a single-serve container with a pair of accompanying wooden spoons.
4. Bacon Jam: The perfect blend of savoury and sweet flavours. Hand made by Chef Mari, with Johnston’s Thick Cut Double Smoked Bacon. This delightful spread is the perfect addition to your cheese and charcuterie platters, spread on a burger or sandwich, and even mixed into your mac and cheese. Available for $7.99 in-store, or online (ships Canada-wide).
5. Cooking Class Voucher: Memories last a lifetime, so give the gift of an experience. With demo and hands-on cooking classes happening almost daily, it won’t be hard to find a time that works for you and your date. See you soon.
About Well Seasoned:
Well Seasoned, owned by Angie Quaale, is a Langley-based gourmet food store, founded in 2004, and specializing in international and local hard-to-find specialty ingredients, spices, cookware and condiments. With a passion for fine food, Well Seasoned is a food lover’s one-stop paradise for fresh culinary delights featuring local artisan producers, weekly in-store cooking classes with renowned chefs, educational seminars, and insights into the most cutting-edge food trends and products. Well Seasoned’s website also offers weekly new recipes for every home cook.