This year, the Week of the Italian Cuisine in the World – in its third edition – will take place from November, 19 to 25. The event aims at promoting Italy’s agri-food industry and the tradition of high- quality food and wine which is a key aspect of the Italian identity and culture. Over a thousand events will be held all around the world, coordinated by the Italian diplomatic network, Italian Chambers of Commerce and Italian Institutes of Culture.
During this week, the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada –West, in collaboration with the Regione Emilia Romagna, Unioncamere Emilia Romagna, Enoteca Regionale Emilia Romagna, APT Emilia Romagna, Casa Artusi and the Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver, is welcoming in Vancouver a delegation of more than fifteen food companies from Emilia Romagna, an Italian region celebrated all around the world as the homeland of many renowned delicacies, such as: Prosciutto di Parma, Bolognese, Parmigiano Reggiano, Balsamic Vinegar and many more. With this occasion, the Italian Chamber of Commerce is organizing the Extraordinary Emilia Romagna! program, a series of events featuring the food excellence from the Emilia Romagna Region.
The Italian Chamber of Commerce of Canada – West (ICCCW) is also partnering up with the Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver to promote a number of events and activities dedicated to the promotion of the rich Italian culinary traditions.
The program of the delegation of food manufacturers includes a tasting event dedicated to Canadian food importers and distributors and to the ho.re.ca and hospitality industry (November 21st) and a day of individual b2b meetings (November 22nd). On November 21st, the Extraordinary Emilia Romagna! Gala Dinner and Pasta Making show, will represent the real treat of the Week of the Italian Cuisine in the World: a superior culinary experience that will include an exclusive Italian 7-course dinner with premium Italian wines and various delicacies, directly inspired by Emilia Romagna most traditional recipes. The dinner will be accompanied by a fresh pasta making show made by Casa Artusi, one of Emilia Romagna top culinary schools and the very first centre of gastronomic culture, devoted entirely to Italian home cookery and Romagnolo traditional dishes and food products. The Extraordinary Emilia Romagna! Gala Dinner and Pasta Making show is open to the public and the tickets are available here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/extraordinary-emilia-romagna-tickets- 51834615731?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
The Extraordinary Emilia Romagna! events are part of the EXTRAORDINARY ITALIAN TASTE program. The program The Extraordinary Italian Taste – Promotion and Enhancement of the authentic Italian agri-food products is promoted and financed by the Ministry of Economic Development in collaboration with the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada West (ICCC) and other eight Italian Chambers of Commerce in North America (Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and Mexico City). The project is part of a national campaign whose main goal is to promote awareness in North America about the authentic and certified agri-food Italian products, as in the continent supermarkets’ shelves extensively host many products evoking Italy, neither having any connection to Italy, nor involving an Italian manufacture. To learn more about Italy’s project for the promotion of authentic Italian DOP and IGP products in North America, visit the official website of the project www.trueitaliantaste.com.
The importance of education and local partnerships The Italian Chamber of Commerce of Canada – West (ICCCW) has developed a number of activities in the past years (2017-2018) within the program Extraordinary Italian Taste, including: – a media dinner series at local Italian restaurants with the label “Ospitalita` Italiana” – sponsorships of incoming tours to Italy and Italian tradeshows for food and wine importers and distributors – sponsorship of 3 educational tours for selected local media representatives: the “If food could talk” educational series (http://www.trueitaliantaste.com/en/node/316#tour_passati),
Our “True ItalianTaste ambassadors” that participated in the tour were: Michele Marko (Vancouver Sun), Mijune Pak (Follow Me Foodie) and Leeta Liepins (Our City Tonight) have been the ambassador – a series of masterclasses on DOP and IGP food products for local chefs and importers – the “pizza weeks” (November 2017), featuring DOP and IGP products and special menus in local pizzerias and restaurants – Top Chef Showcase (June 2017) Italian culinary showcase celebrating the Italian Heritage Month with some of Vancouver’s top chefs featuring Chefs Pino Posteraro and Angus An, hosted by Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel resident Chef Nathan Brown who prepared dishes using a set of selected authentic Italian products especially flown in from Italy for the event – Italian Masterclass series at VCC Vancouver Community College (Sept. 2017, Jan. 2017, April- May 2018) – Authentic Italian Table (May 2018) a Trade Tasting followed by a Cocktail Reception with an open-bar featuring premium Italian wine and aperitivi and a buffet selection to experience authentic Italian food products – Authentic Italian Table on the Drive (June 2018) a special section within the Italian Day Festival: Italian food samplings, wine and liquors, and gastronomic delights created in collaboration with local chefs.
Week of the Italian Cuisine in the World events in Vancouver: The Italian Chamber of Commerce of Canada – West (ICCCW) has partnered up with the Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver to promote the Week of the Italian Cuisine in the World:
- Extraordinary Emilia Romagna! Trade Show and Tasting The Westin Bayshore (Stanley Park Ballroom) – 1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018 From 2:00pm to 5:00pm Event dedicated to trade professionals in the food, wine, ho.re.ca and hospitality industry RSVP required Organized by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada – West in collaboration with the Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver
● Extraordinary Emilia Romagna! Gala Dinner and Pasta Making Show The Westin Bayshore (Stanley Park Ballroom) – 1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018 From 7:00pm to 10:00pm Tickets available here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/extraordinary-emilia-romagna-tickets- 51834615731?aff=ebdssbdestsearch Regular Ticket: 195$ + taxes / Ticket ICC Member: $165 + taxes Table (10 pax) Regular price: $1800 + taxes / Table (10 pax) Member price: $1400 + taxes ICC Business Membership: $350 + taxes Organized by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada – West in collaboration with the Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver
- Extraordinary Emilia Romagna! Individual B2B meetings with Emilia Romagna companies Thursday, Nov. 22, 2018 – Various locations By appointment only, to schedule b2b please contact [email protected] Organized by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada – West in collaboration with the Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver
- Chef Heinz Beck Masterclass and Tasting VCC Downtown Campus – 250 West Pender St., Vancouver Thursday, Nov. 22, 2018 From 3:00pm to 5:00pm By invitation only. Organized by the Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver in collaboration with the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada – West
- Chef Heinz Beck and Chef Pino Posteraro Gourmet Dinner Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill – 1133 Hamilton St., Vancouver Friday, Nov. 23, 2018 From 6:30pm Tickets: 300$ plus taxes and gratuities For reservations please contact Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill – (604) 688 7466 Organized by the Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver in collaboration with the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada – West
ITALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF CANADA – WEST
The ICCCW is an independent, non-profit organization whose aim is to enhance and promote The Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada–West (ICCCW) has operated since 1992 as a private, non-profit, membership organization with the mandate of promoting and enhancing business, trade and investment exchanges between Italy and Western Canada. ICCCW is an integral part of a prestigious worldwide network of Italian Chambers of Commerce, and is one of the most active and respected bilateral trade organizations in Western Canada. Formally recognized by the Italian Government, ICCCW forms part of a network of 100+ offices in Italy and 70+ foreign Italian Chambers of Commerce throughout the world. With offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Italy, ICCCW acts as a catalyst between businesses and institutions in Italy and Western Canada by coordinating and hosting trade and economic missions, organizing the participation of delegations at international trade shows, and providing customized business solutions for Italian and Canadian companies wishing to enter international markets. For more information on the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada West visit www.iccbc.com