Chef Elena Krasnova’s dreamy Valentine’s Day collection
now available at her sweet Burnaby pâtisserie
Hearts skip a beat upon first glance of the pastry case at Mon Paris Pâtisserie (4396 Beresford St., Burnaby). Mon Paris owner and pastry chef, Elena Krasnova, has created a whimsical collection of chocolates and cakes perfect for sharing or solo indulgence. Playful chocolate statues and decadent heart-shaped cakes complement distinctive pink boxes of Elena’s acclaimed chocolate truffles and bonbons.
Heart-Shaped Cakes (serves two)
• Dark Chocolate Raspberry, $19: crunchy hazelnut base, dark chocolate mousse, raspberry foam, white chocolate.
• Black Forest, $28: Kirsch soaked dark chocolate biscuit, sour cherry compote, mascarpone mousse.
• Chocolate Ladybug, $23: made with premium dark chocolate
• Share the Love chocolate silhouette, $18.50: dark chocolate, with choice of one of three signature truffles; champagne, mango & passion fruit, or tiramisu.
• Chocolate Shoe, $21: milk chocolate, with choice of one of three signature truffles; champagne, mango and passion fruit, or tiramisu.
Chocolate truffles and bonbons in dark or milk chocolate in a variety of signature and seasonal flavours.
• 9 pieces, $16.50
• 16 pieces, $29.50
• 25 pieces, $48
• Velvet Heart box, $50: 25 pieces.
The 2019 Valentine’s Day collection is available now at Mon Paris Pâtisserie. Heart-shaped cakes can be ordered in advance for pickup. Orders for Valentine’s Day cakes, chocolate treats and chocolate boxes can be made in-person at Mon Paris, through email at [email protected],ca or by phone at 604-564-5665.
About Elena Krasnova
Born in Russia, Chef Elena moved to Vancouver in her early twenties where she attended university, collecting several degrees—including accounting—prior to pursuing a career in pastry. Realizing that number crunching wasn’t for her, she plunged into her true passion, moving to Paris to study at the famed Ferrandi l’Ecole de Gastronomie before working at France’s oldest and most storied patisserie, Dalloyau. Elena brought her international experience home to B.C. with the launch of Mon Paris Pâtisserie in January of 2017.
Mon Paris Pâtisserie
Address: 4396 Beresford St, Burnaby B.C.
Middle Images: Mon Paris Raspberry Chocolate Cake; Share the Love chocolate statue; and nine-piece chocolate box, photos Kristina Napolskih. Feature image: Mon Paris 2019 Valentine’s Day Black Forest cakes and chocolate Lady Bug, photo Kristina Napolskih
Media release and images provided by Katherine Manson, Katherine Manson Communications