Eliana Bray Awarded first
Vinica scholarship to Master Tasting Class
Terroir Consulting was delighted to offer a spot in the 2020/2021 Master Tasting class series through Vinica Education Society. The Vinica BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) scholarship was awarded by the society to the deserving, inspiring Eliana Bray. Congratulations, Eliana!
Eliana said “I am very excited to learn tasting tips from a Master of Wine in a professional wine tasting environment. Taking part in structured blind flights and discussing the wines with fellow wine professionals only adds to the experience and to my own wine education. I am very much looking forward to it.”
Eliana is the Executive Manager of Roche Wines, on the Naramata Bench of BC’s Okanagan Valley. Eliana is an adopted, full-status Kehewin Cree Nation member from Alberta. She moved to the Okanagan in her early teens from Fox Creek, Alberta, where she was in French immersion and had a great love for music. She plays the flute, piano, and guitar, sings an Alto and in her early years, planned to be a music therapist.
Her first career, however, was as a trained chef. Then she started her wine career at Mission Hill Winery. Eventually, Eliana moved to Vancouver to become a music therapist, but ended up working for Rhys Pender MW at Mark Anthony Wine Merchants stores, which have since become Everything Wine.
Eliana became a Certified Sommelier through the ISG (International Sommelier Guild) and WSET Certified (Level 3 of Wine & Spirits Education Trust). She moved back to the Okanagan, which is now her home. As Roche Wines’ current Executive Manager, Eliana focuses on management and marketing.
A life-long learner, Eliana is currently enrolled in the WSET Diploma program. She delights in being surrounded by wine all day, and spends her days learning about the wines around her: “Knowledge is my sustenance and education my goal.”
just a few spots left… Master Tasting Class
Top Level Tasting Tutoring for Wine Pros
Classes start September 16 ~ Join us for a global wine education with great discussion, in a supportive, relaxed, professional environment. Terroir Consulting‘s Master Tasting Class series is tailored to practicing winemakers, sommeliers, as well as wine students with WSET3 already under their belts.
Each monthly session, we explore benchmark wines of the world: rigorously blind tasting, comparing, discussing and learning about the wines. There aren’t any textbooks or exams, just wine professionals learning from each other, lead by a Master of Wine. We taste 8+ wines each session in a structured blind tasting format. Oh, and we have a lot of fun!
The Fall 2020-Winter 2021 series will take place in Kelowna, at 7-9:30pm. This year we are dividing the series into 2 parts:
- Fall 2020: once a month for 4 months, from September 2020 to December 2020 – TWO SPOTS LEFT
- Winter 2021: once a month for 4 months, from January 2021 to April 2020, dates TBA – 5 SPOTS LEFT
Participants in the class must have passed WSET 3 (Advanced Certificate) or be a practicing winemaker or be a working sommelier. If have alternative qualifications or experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn find out if this class is right for you.
Master of Wine Rhys Pender leads participants through the Masting Tasting classes. Rhys is an experienced educator and tutor, and is one of British Columbia’s most accomplished tasters. Rhys chooses typical wines of the world, to showcase the diversity of the globe’s classic wines.
The class will be held in a large indoor location in central Kelowna that allows for proper distancing. We will be pre-pouring wines and offering individual charcuterie plates for everyone’s comfort and safety. In the event of not being to host in person, don’t worry, we have a back-up online plan.
PRICE AND INCLUSIONS
Fall 2020 – 4 sessions – $600 – 2 spots left!
Winter 2021 – 4 sessions – $600 – 5 spots left!
Fall & Winter 2020/2021- complete class for 8 sessions – $1100 – BEST DEAL
The Master Tasting class sessions include tasting tutoring, wine lists, wine tasting sheets, delectable professionally catered charcuterie, and the use of ISO glasses.
IMPORTANT FINE PRINT
Note that you will be tasting wines of all levels: budget, mass produced, boutique and internationally-renowned wines. This tasting tutorial is about developing recognition and evaluation of international wines at all price levels.
In the event that a class session is canceled, the session will be rescheduled for an alternate evening, on the same day of the week.
Full refunds will be issued up to August 15, 2020. After that date, the registration may be transferred to another participant, but registration fees will not be refunded.
Research & Development Services
MARKET, CONSUMER & SENSORY RESEARCH
- Consumer Research: market segmentation, focus groups, interviews, intercepts, ethnographies, online surveys.
- Sensory Evaluation: consumer sensory preferences, sensory attribute evaluation, product sensory profiling, labels and packaging impact evaluation, portfolio analysis, thresholds of acceptable smoke taint.
- Market Analysis: geographic and psychographic market analysis, export market evaluation
- Trend Evaluation: customized trends reporting, attitudes and behaviours tracking, brand fit analysis
PLANNING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Strategic Planning: executive coaching, family business strategy, organizational planning, stakeholder consultation
- Marketing Planning: brand planning, marketing strategy and tactics, analysis of existing brand for potential fit and path to entry
- Business Planning: human resource and succession planning, organizational and productivity evaluation, merger and growth strategy
- Export Planning: foreign market analysis and evaluation, export strategy, export planning, path to entry, and brand fit analysis.
BRANDING, MARKETING, & HOSPITALITY
- Brand Development: branding strategy, visual identity development, beverage label design
- Marketing: marketing research, marketing plan, website development, wine club set-up and development, professional industry writing
- Social media: social strategy and planning, photography planning, post writing and programming, social interaction management
- Distribution: direct-to-consumer system set-up, wine club development, staff training
- Hospitality: professional sales training, tasting room planning, tasting room staff training
WINE PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION & INDUSTRY EVENTS
- Wine Professional Development: Master Tasting Classes, hospitality wine education
- Wine Industry Events: Sensory Symposiums, Tasting Games series, event planning, panel facilitation
WINE ANALYSIS, WINEMAKING & VINEYARD PLANNING
- Wine Analysis: professional wine quality analysis, sensory profiling, wine product development, portfolio planning
- Winemaking: winemaker coaching and mentoring, process planning, just-in-time advisement
- Vineyard Planning: terroir analysis, varietal recommendations, site selection, vineyard planting planning, viticulture practices coaching, sustainability planning
From garagistes and local associations, to international industry leaders, supports wine organizations to think strategically and develop towards their goals. We conduct consumer and market research, and assist our clients to compete in a changing wine world.
Talk to Darcen and Arnica about taking your wine business to the next level.
Media release and images provided by Terroir Wine.
If you would like to be featured on MyVanCity.ca please email me at email@example.com for full details.