As if you needed an excuse to celebrate the last days of summer. With the best of intentions #NationalTequilaDay came and went but it’s never too late, so instead turn this weekend fiesta up a notch with these two tequila-topped cocktails. Order at your fave bar or whip up a batch for you and your friends to enjoy at home.
Whether you opt for an elegant Grand Margarita or a refreshing Espaloma, both these cocktail recipes look to recreate the timelessness of classic tequila cocktails but with a modern twist.
Each cocktail features Espolon Tequila, an authentic tequila with an ultra-cool artistic label and bottle that’s the perfect addition to any bar car. Espolon and its packaging were inspired by revolutionary Mexican artist, Jose Guadalupe Posada, who, through his ground-breaking politically charged art, brought new ways of thinking and spurred change.
· This highly refreshing cocktail pairs sour lime with earthy tequila notes, adding Grand Marnier’s cognac and bitter orange flavour for a refined smoothness and a heightened drinking experience.
· 1 oz | Grand Marnier® Cordon Rouge
· 1 oz | Espolon Tequila
· 0.75 oz | freshly squeezed lime juice
· 0.5 oz Agave Nectar or Simple Syrup (Optional)
· Ice cubes
· Lime garnish
· Fill a wide, shallow dish with 2-3 mm of fine salt. Cut a lime in half at the width and rub around half of the rim of a margarita glass. Cut a thin, crosswise slice from one of the lime halves for garnish. Holding glass upside down, dip wet half delicately into the salt. Shake Grand Marnier®, Espolon Tequila and lime juice with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into glass and apply lime garnish to rim.
· This is a nod to the popular Paloma, enjoy the fresh citrus taste with this refreshing Espolon Tequila highball that’s perfect for summer sipping
· 2oz Espolon Tequila
· 0.5oz Lime Juice
· 4oz Grapefruit Soda
· Combine and stir in a highball glass with ice and a salted rim. Garnish with lime. Enjoy!
Media release and image provided by Lucy May Bradshaw, HK Strategies.