There’s So Much to See, Do, Eat and Enjoy this Holiday Season
The festive season is here and Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver is holiday headquarters, creating a welcoming, fun-filled home for all. Literally steps from a wealth of shopping, parade routes and community celebrations, Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver is the ideal destination for a winter vacation (or stay-cation) filled with festive flare.
This year’s holiday offerings at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver include:
See: Festival of Trees Celebration – November 25, 2016 to January 2, 2017
The 30th Annual Festival of Trees kicks off Vancouver’s holiday season, transforming the Hotel’s first and second-floor lobbies into a winter wonderland. This community favourite showcases Christmas trees creatively decorated by various sponsors to raise awareness and funds for the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. Guests are encouraged to vote by donation for their favourite tree on display in the Hotel and adjoining Pacific Centre.
Stay: Fall into Winter
As autumn fades and the festive season arrives, the Fall into Winter accommodation offer at Four Seasons Vancouver provides guests with savings that both Santa and Scrooge would approve. Available through April 30, 2017, guests who stay two or more nights will receive 20 percent off the daily room rate. This special winter offer is an ideal way to spend extra time exploring the city. Guests can take advantage of Canada’s favourable exchange rate and the Hotel’s convenient location in the heart of downtown Vancouver and leisurely take in a day of holiday shopping or outdoor adventure before treating themselves to dinner and a festive cocktail at YEW seafood + bar. Rates for this offer are based on the best available room rate for the dates chosen.
Play: Kids in the City Package
Available December 19, 2016 to January 2, 2017
The Hotel’s Kids in the City package takes the stress out of finding a hotel that fits the whole family. The package provides particular value during the holiday season when reserving one guest room at full price and access to a second guest room at 50 percent off, making space for everyone to stretch out and relax. Specially designed for guests aged five to 12 years, kids receive a treat upon arrival as well as a seasonal, in-room snack. Kids are invited to slip into their cosy, child-sized robes and head down to the Hotel’s pool or enjoy dedicated play areas for games, crafts, music, story time, cookie decorating and more. Keeping in the spirit of the holiday season, families can grab some popcorn and curl up together to watch holiday-themed movies on the weekends.
Eat and Drink: YEW seafood + bar Serves up the Season
YEW seafood + bar is set to celebrate the holidays with creative cocktails and new menus. Whether guests are sharing the season with family, friends or colleagues, now is the time to plan holiday parties and dinners. To book any of the following dining experiences, guests can call YEW at 604.692.4939 or make an online booking here.
• Moose Mugs Return – During the month of December, guests searching for a seasonal sipper with a whimsical twist need look no further than the YEW Nog served in a nostalgic Christmas Vacation moose mug. Guests can also upgrade their rum and eggnog to a Cogg Nogg, AKA – eggnog with Cognac.
• Cheers to Festive Cocktails YEW presents three new, Lauren-Mote crafted cocktails for the festive season as well. Finnish Cobbler is light, elegant and easy to drink, combining Finlandia Vodka, Plum Wine + Apple Honey, Dry Vermourth and Zingiber Crabapple Bitters. Northwinds lands somewhere between a Manhattan and an Old Fashioned. It incorporates Collingwood Canadian Whiskey, Haskap Berry Liquer, Sheery + Spiced-Black Tea and Western Haskap Aromatic Bitters. Jefferson Ginger Tea is the ultimate seasonal bourbon-ginger lemonade starring Woodford Reserve Bourbon, Aperol + Sherry, Lemo , Hibiscus Spice + French Quarter Bitters and Ginger beer.
• December is Bubble Month Bubble lovers are in for a treat this month with a great selection of New World and Old World sippers.
◦ Glass: Choose from eight by-the glass offerings staring at $12, including Prosecco, BC Bubbles, American Brut, Pol Roger and Veuve Clicquot Champagne. YEW’s Sommelier Adam Mayhew will also be reaching into the YEW cellar to showcase a different by-the-glass vintage Champagne each week
◦ Bottle: From BC to Nova Scotia, Lombardy to Champagne, YEW is featuring a dozen bottles of of bubble to whet the appetite and tantalize the taste buds. Local lovers will be tickled pink with the Brut Rose from Blue Mountain at $95, while power sippers will adore the $750 bottle of 1990 De Venoge, Brut Millesime Champagne. Pop the cork from a great selection including Ferghettina, Benjamin Bridge, Taittinger, Dom Perignon, Krug, Louis Roederer and more – the sparkle is real.
• Christmas Eve Dinner – On December 24 YEW’s classic Christmas Eve Dinner will be offered from 5pm to 10pm, providing festive dishes to get guests in the holiday spirit. For $99 per person, a three-course holiday feast will feature roasted duck breast, roasted sea scallops and braised short rib as well as choice of soup or salad and dessert. Sticky toffee pudding anyone?
• Christmas Day Brunch Buffet – On December 25, Christmas morning is all about family and fun, so guests are encouraged to leave the wrapping paper on the floor and come in to YEW for a decadent Christmas Day Brunch Buffet from 9:30am to 3pm. At $91 per adult and $45 per child, guests will enjoy an impressive spread of pastries, seafood raw bar, carvery station, seasonal sweets and so much more. Don’t miss the make-to-order albacore tuna taco stop
• Christmas Day Dinner – On December 25, YEW is also inviting the whole city to share in the season’s most anticipated meal, Christmas Day Dinner. At $105 per person, a three-course meal will offer guests a choice of pan seared sablefish, veal tenderloin and, of course, roasted turkey with all the trimmings. Seasonal starters and desserts, such as the rich Mont Blanc tart and seasonal “Snowstorm,” are sure to make YEW’s Christmas Day Dinner the perfect cap to a wonderful day with family and friends. Dinner will be served from 5pm to 10pm.
Celebrate: Ring in the New Year at YEW
On December 31, Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver invites guests to celebrate New Year’s Eve at YEW with dinner, dancing, a Champagne sabering station and, of course, a countdown. Diners can choose a four-course dinner at the early seating from 5pm to 8pm for $95 per person, or a five-course dinner at the late seating from 8:30pm to 1am for $155 per person. The latter includes music by local sensation DJ Leanne accompanied by percussionist Pher and sax player Caley Honeywell, a glass of Pol Roger Champagne at midnight and fun party favours. Revelers only looking to party are welcome to YEW bar + lounge at 8pm for a cover charge of $30. YEW cocktails, Champagne and a limited à la carte lounge menu are available to keep guests energised as they dance the night away.
Shop: Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver as Santa’s Helper
2016 Festive Desk on the second floor lobby open December 8 through 24 |11am to 7pm
Guests looking for a one-stop shop for delicious house-made holiday treats, YEW gift certificates, cosy robes and chic Euro pillows and pillow shams will love the Hotel’s fantastic Festive Desk. Executive Pastry Chef Mark Burton has created elegant sleeves of macarons, house made chocolate bars and ornaments, and caramel corn to complement YEW’s legendary stollen. Gifts range from inviting $10 edible stocking stuffers to $160 for luxurious Four Seasons linens.
• The Art of Christmas Stollen – Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver serves up its famous stollen – a German cake rich with holiday spices and flavours. This Four Seasons Christmas tradition brings former Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver Chef Gerhard Weitzel out of retirement to bake and share his decades-old secret recipe. Stollen is available for purchase at the Festive Desk for $25 per loaf. Stollen lovers can also call 604.692.4939 to place orders of four or more.
• A Gift from Me to YEW – Giving the gift of sustainable and delicious food, drinks and fun with a YEW seafood + bar gift card provides a one-size-fits-all solution for everyone on the list. Executive Chef Weimar Gomez’s international talent, experience and flair are showcased in YEW’s irresistible new lunch and dinner menus. Gift card recipients will have a hard time choosing from so many delicious new menu items. Available in denominations up to $500 at the Festive Desk or online.
• Give the Gift of Relaxation at RedCedar Boutique Massage Suite – Enjoy a soothing massage in the luxurious privacy of the Hotel’s elegant RedCedar Massage Suite. The selection of massages are tailored to revitalise the body and promote well-being. Guests can choose their favourite treatments from Inner Peace, Dig Deep, Work It Out, Ancient Cedar and Thermal Stix. Massage gift certificates are available in denominations up to $500 at the Festive Desk.
*All prices are in Canadian dollars.
About Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver:
As the world’s leading operator of luxury hotels, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts currently manage 101 properties in 41 countries.Open since 1976, Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver provides a preferred address for both business and leisure travelers, and the highly personalized, anticipatory service that Four Seasons guests expect and value around the world.Recent awards and honours include Condé Nast Gold List and Food & Wines World’s Best Places to Eat.Information on the company and on Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver can be accessed through the Four Seasons website at www.fourseasons.com.
For more information on Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, please visit the website