TACOFINO GASTOWN’S NEW GRAB-AND-GO “BURRITO BAR” NOW OPEN, ANNOUNCES ADJOINING “TACO BAR” OPENING JAN. 5
Precursor to Launch of New “Taco Bar” Restaurant Offers Tacofino’s Signature, Surf-inspired Cuisine at Take-Out Counter, with Added Lunch and Dinner Service Soon to Follow
Tacofino rolls out its latest evolution in Mexican-inspired fare today when the celebrated West Coast staple officially opens its new Burrito Bar take-out counter in a restored heritage building on 15 West Cordova in historic Gastown.
A precursor to the official launch of the adjoining Tacofino flagship restaurant, Taco Bar — which features 3,000 square feet off Blood Alley Square, an 80-seat dining room and a 20-seat bar and officially opens for dinner service on Jan. 5 (and lunch to follow soon after) — the Burrito Bar evokes the spirit of the iconic Tacofino food trucks by offering a variety of grab-and-go menu items, including:
• Fish Taco – tempura ling cod, chipotle mayo, cabbage, salsa fresca, flour tortilla ($5).
• Fish Burrito – tempura ling cod, chipotle mayo, rice, black beans, cabbage, chipotle mayo, salsa fresca, flour tortilla ($10);
• Crispy Chicken Burrito – chicken karaage, rice, black chili mayo, sriracha, cabbage, cilantro, flour tortilla ($11);
• Chorizo Burrito – house-made pork chorizo, rice, black beans, cheese, sour cream, arugula, flour tortilla ($11);
• Vegetarian Burrito – rice, black beans, cheese, sour cream, chipotle mayo, cabbage, salsa fresca, flour tortilla ($10);
• Vegan Burrito – rice, black beans, guacamole, salsa fresca, flour tortilla ($10);
• Chocolate Diablo Cookie ($3).
The Burrito Bar take-out counter is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today through Jan. 4 (closed Jan. 1). From Jan. 5 onwards, it will be open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
Further details about Taco Bar, including its new menu, will be revealed on opening day.
Located in the heart of Vancouver’s historic Gastown district, the Taco Bar is the latest venture by Tacofino cofounders Jason Sussman and Kaeli Robinsong, who have been serving up their unique brand of eclectic, Mexican-inspired cuisine since opening the original Tacofino Cantina in Tofino, BC in 2009. The Taco Bar features twin entrances — a main entrance off Blood Alley Square that opens on a 20-seat patio and 80-seat dining room and lounge and another for take-out service on West Cordova Street — as well as two dedicated kitchens, a full bar and the trademark Tacofino fusion of sun-dappled, surf-centric spirit and quality, fresh and affordable fare with an environmental and nutritional conscience.
Burrito Bar *NOW OPEN | 15 W. Cordova St., Vancouver, BC V6B 1C8
Taco Bar *OPENING JAN. 5 | Blood Alley Square, Vancouver, BC V6B 1C7