Pre-Valentine’s Day campaign will raise awareness of Vancouver
as primary filming site of popular Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy
Fifty Shades of Grey has become a global phenomenon thanks to its racy yet romantic storyline, sizzling lead actors and vibrant set locations – and Tourism Vancouver is calling attention to the latter with a Valentine’s Day campaign and sweepstakes that launches in advance of the cinematic release of Fifty Shades Freed on February 9.
Vancouver holds prominence throughout all three films – doubling for the protagonists’ home of Seattle, Washington – with recognizable landmarks including Vancouver’s historic Gastown neighbourhood, downtown’s Bentall Tower, Coal Harbour, the city skyline and The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Tourism Vancouver is giving one lucky winner the opportunity to take their plus-one into the world of Fifty Shades Freed with a romance-themed trip for two to Vancouver.
During the three-day “Fifty Shades of Romance in Vancouver” campaign (February 5 to 7), Tourism Vancouver’s Inside Vancouver blog will publish daily posts about romantic activities in and around the city that are perfect for Valentine’s Day and beyond.
As an amorous addition, residents of Canada and the U.S. can enter to win a grand prize sweepstakes* that includes round-trip airfare for two people to Vancouver, as well as three nights’ luxury accommodation and an impressive lineup of date-worthy experiences. The prize is valued at approximately $4,900 CAD and must be redeemed before December 31, 2018.
For full contest details, and to enter, visit tourismvancouver.com/shades.
*Restrictions apply – see Rules and Regulations for details.The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Florida) who are aged 21 or older; and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are aged 19 or older.
“We built this campaign as a fun and timely way to bring awareness to Vancouver as a thriving film tourism destination, and also showcase the city’s wealth of romantic activities and attractions,” said Stephen Pearce, Vice President of Marketing, Tourism Vancouver. “The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy expertly captures Vancouver’s stunning scenery and diverse neigbourhoods, and this sweepstakes gives fans the opportunity to explore our city for themselves.”
The “Fifty Shades of Romance in Vancouver” grand prize includes:
- Three-night stay at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, whose elevator and Lieutenant-Governor’s Suite were featured in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Two tickets to Vancouver Food Tour’s Gastown Tasting Tour, which visits some of the neighbourhood’s top cocktail bars and restaurants (fans of Fifty Shades will see plenty of familiar scenery in this historic district)
- Brunch for two at L’Abattoir, situated across from Maple Tree Square in Gastown
- Two tickets to Vancouver TheatreSports League on Granville Island, which is guaranteed to leave you and your date in stitches
- Date night for two at The Emerald, a glamorous Chinatown cocktail lounge perfect for impressing your plus-one
- Two tickets to a Fans of Vancouver film tour, so you can follow in the footsteps of Fifty Shades and more of your favourite movies and TV shows
Fifty Shades Freed © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.