AUTUMN OFFERINGS: ORIGO CLUB SATISFIES THE SENSES WITH EXCLUSIVE CULINARY, COCKTAIL AND CULTURAL EVENTS THIS FALL
Richmond Destination Offers Nightly Table d’Hôte Menu, ‘Old Fashioned’-Inspired Cocktail in Dining Room, Exclusive Exhibit of Haida Totem-Pole Paintings in Origo Art Gallery
Tuesdays through Sundays from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Soupe à la Tomate et au Gin (heirloom tomato soup, gin, shallots, garlic, bacon);
- Salade du Jardin (frisée, blood orange vinaigrette, tomato, cucumber, radish, pine nuts, flowers);
- Pétoncles (two pan-fried scallops, golden raisins, cauliflower, capers & artichoke, Champagne vinaigrette, sunchoke purée);
- Foie Gras Pôelé (pan-seared duck foie gras, port sauce, quince jam, apple & celery).Grands Plats:
- Gnocchi à la Truffe (potato gnocchi, morels, truffle mornay sauce, comté, truffle zest, bread crumbs);
- Confit de Canard (confit duck leg, English peas, beluga lentils, guanciale, cherry jus);
- Loup de Mer (pan-fried seabass, lemon & grains of paradise couscous, kale, marinated fennel, baby tomatoes, ginger & green onion oil);
- Côtelette de Porc (pork chop, onion & mustard sauce, herbed smashed potatoes, cabbage);
- Faux-filet de Boeuf (striploin steak, sherry jus, roasted forest mushrooms, basil spinach).Dessert:
- Crème Brûlée a l’Espresso (espresso crème brûlée, brandy snaps, condensed milk ice cream, flower);
- Gâteau au Chocolat (passionfruit dark chocolate ganache, chocolate mousse, white chocolate & yogurt sauce);
- Fromages (cheese plate, pear butter, berry gel, candied nuts).VANCOUVER FOODSTER OLD FASHIONED COCKTAIL CHALLENGE
Until October 27Origo Club is one of a number of local bars and restaurants competing in the annual Vancouver Foodster Old Fashioned Cocktail Challenge. For this year’s competition, Bar Manager Winson Ho created a custom rendition of the cocktail standard called ‘The Peculiar Fashion’ which combines the sherry-like flavours of Jura Vin Jaune with 15-year-old Madeira Cask Irish Whiskey Tyrconnell for a libation that is at turns dry and mellow, warming and fresh. The Peculiar Fashion will be available at the Origo Club bar from now until October 27 for $20.
‘PRESERVING THE HISTORY OF NINSTINTS’ EXHIBIT
Until October 27
Artist’s Talk Saturday, October 12 from 2 to 4 p.m.Origo Club is proud to present realist painter Bob Gunning’s ‘Preserving the History of Ninstints’ exhibit of Haida totem-pole paintings in its art gallery from now until October 27, with a special artist’s talk talking place this Saturday, October 12 from 2 to 4 p.m.
Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ninstints (SGang Gwaay Llanagaay) was once part of a community of 26 Haida villages scattered throughout Haida Gwaii, and the totem poles that are found there comprise the largest collection of Haida artwork still in their original location. Part of Gunning’s purpose in painting the poles is to help preserve the history and culture of the islands for generations to come. The Origo Club art gallery is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and admission is free.
110-6888 River Road, Richmond, BC V6X 1X5 | 604-285-8889 | Café 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tuesday to Friday | Dinner 5 – 11 p.m. Tuesday to Sunday | Afternoon Tea 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday | Origo Club gallery open 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday | origoclub.ca