This December, Gastown is bringing the holidays to life with a series of Not-So-Silent Nights. Known for its dynamic dining, vibrant nightlife and shopping, Gastown’s cobbled street will host four evenings of festivities this December 12, 13, 19 and 20 with local choirs caroling for special causes, as well as a festive animated projection, late-night shopping, mistletoe treasure hunts, delicious on-street treats, giveaways and surprises.Dates and times:
Not-So-Silent Nights programmed by the Gastown BIA will take place on December 12, 13, 19 and 20 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m all across the Gastown community.
- Carolling for a Cause (at Water and Cambie St.): Vancouver’s most talented choirs take over the corner of Water and Cambie St. to carol for worthy causes, with all donations going to the charitable causes selected by the choirs themselves.
- Dec 12th – Salient Group presents the Mom’s Choir supporting the BC Children’s Hospital
- Dec 13th – Low Tide Properties presents Los Parranderos supporting the Dugout
- Dec 19th – Kitchen Table Restaurants presents Notre Dame Platinum Girls & Iron Men Choir supporting Whole Way House Society
- Dec 20th – Warner Bros presents Sweet Scarlet supporting the Downtown Eastside Women’s Shelter
- Projection Mapping on The Leckie Building (Water and Cambie St.) will turn this historic building into a living holiday story, with a 120 ft animated video projection created by students at VFS playing every 30 minutes, in sync with the chime of the Gastown Steam Clock during the four Not-So-Silent Nights.
- #KissMeInGastown (Water and Carrall St.): A giant mistletoe accompanied by a snow machine for full festive effect will be the backdrop for insta-opportunities and holiday giveaways. There’s one grand prize for the most festive love-story shared with #kissmeingastown on Instagram.
- From November 27 to December 20, ten smaller mistletoe stations will be dotted around Gastown, including the giant novelty mistletoe to continue spreading the joy via #KissMeInGastown with lots of opportunities to win prizes.
- Extended shopping hours: Stores stay open until 8pm so you can enjoy leisurely holiday shopping.
ABOUT GASTOWN BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT SOCIETY
The Gastown Business Improvement Society (GBIS) is a non-profit association created in 1989 as an organizing mechanism used by business owners and commercial property owners to work together to promote and enhance Gastown’s unique assets, improve conditions for businesses operating in the area and improve the quality of life for those who work in and visit the area (BIA – Business Improvement Area). The GBIS is governed by a volunteer board of directors comprised of both property and business owners from within the area who represent a broad range of members and community stakeholders.
Media release provided by Yulu Public Relations.