The Alchemist magazine is proud to announce the inaugural Punch Brunch, a Vancouver Cocktail Week 2020 preview event.
Offering a sneak peak of what is designed to be Vancouver’s biggest and best cocktail event, the Punch Brunch is a luxe and lively midday event at the award-winning Botanist in the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. It will feature innovative drinks made with premium spirits and created by five of Vancouver’s most celebrated bartenders. These exceptional punch-style cocktails will be paired with a four-course, sit-down feast of executive chef Hector Laguna’s finely crafted gourmet brunch fare.
But that’s not all. The bartenders, under the direction of Fairmont Pacific Rim’s Creative Beverage Director, Grant Sceney, and his multiple-award-winning team, will offer lively cocktail demonstrations while jazzy live music transforms a lazy Sunday tradition into, quite simply, the most delicious fun you can have before dark.
The bar stars for this event include:
- Amber Bruce, bar manager of the Keefer Bar (No. 2 on Canada’s 50 Best Bars) and Vancouver Magazine’s bartender of the year 2019.
- Jeff Savage, head bartender at Botanist Bar at Fairmont Pacific Rim, Diageo World Class Canada 2019 winner, runner-up in the World Class global finals and member of the Botanist’s winning Bols Around the World 2019 team.
- Katie Ingram, singer, performer and award-winning bar manager at Elisa Steakhouse.
- Sabrine Dhaliwal, bar manager of Juke Fried Chicken, Rib & Cocktail Bar, and national ambassador for Belvedere Vodka and Hennessy Cognac.
- Sean McGuigan, head bartender at The Lobby Lounge and RawBar at Fairmont Pacific Rim named one of the Best Hotel Bars (The Americas) by Tales of the Cocktail.
The brunch will also feature live music and a silent auction with proceeds benefiting the BC Hospitality Foundation. Featured spirits include: Bacardi Ocho, Belvedere Vodka, Botanist Gin, Bulleit Bourbon, and Lot 40 Rye.
The Punch Brunch, presented by The Alchemist Magazine
Botanist – 1038 Canada Place, Fairmont Pacific Rim
Sunday, January 26, 2020
11:30 am to 2:00 pm
$125 inclusive of taxes, gratuities & ticketing fees
Tickets & information here
Partial proceeds will benefit the BC Hospitality Foundation
About Botanist at Fairmont Pacific Rim:
Fairmont Pacific Rim – Vancouver’s definitive luxury hotel – was rated the World’s Best Business Hotel by Condé Nast Traveler readers and awarded the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond Rating. This ultramodern downtown hotel combines the best of the Pacific Rim in its architecture, décor and cuisine. The hotel features three dining and bar destinations, including Botanist, recently listed by The World’s 50 Best Discovery, it offers modern Pacific Northwest cuisine by Executive Chef Hector Laguna as well as Vancouver’s most award-winning cocktail program. Botanist Bar has been named one of the world’s best new bars, and is home to the Cocktail Lab, a bartender’s artistic studio that inspires creativity, as well as a space to prepare and experiment with ingredients. https://www.
The Botanist Social:
About the BC Hospitality Foundation:
The BC Hospitality Foundation (BCHF) is a registered charity that raises funds to support those in the hospitality industry facing financial crisis due to a medical condition. In addition, the BCHF offers a scholarship program to foster the development of the next generation of hospitality workers and industry leaders. https://
About The Alchemist Magazine:
The Alchemist Social:
Media release provided by Dana Lee Harris, Dana Lee Consulting Ltd.