Announcing The VSO’s 2020/21 Season
Welcome to the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra’s 2020/21 season and Otto Tausk’s third as Music Director. From Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 5 and The Sorcerer’s Apprentice to Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring, Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, and MahlerFest, this season is one you won’t want to miss. Other concerts to look forward to include Stuart Copeland from The Police, Paul Shaffer, West Side Story and much, much more. Join us as a subscriber for an exciting 2020/21 season with the VSO.
Subscribing is the best way to ensure you don’t miss out on a riveting season of performances. Single tickets will go on sale to the general public starting summer 2020.
Subscription packages on sale now!
Subscribe by March 21 for a chance to win your subscription for free!
Buy any VSO Season Ticket Subscription package and get great perks!
- Free ticket exchanges and replacements
- Save 15% on any additional VSO ticket purchases
- Get first access to special concerts and offers throughout the season and get first access to the best seats
Purchase your subscription by March 21 for a chance to win your season tickets for free!
- Subscribe by April 11 and you could win your subscription for free PLUS a lunch with Maestro Otto Tausk
- Itzhak Perlman with the VSO goes on sale to the general public on May 2
- Early-bird price deadline ends on June 6
- Un-renewed subscription seats released to the public on June 13
Ready to subscribe? Call the VSO Box Office at (604) 876-3434 or subscribe online at myVSO.ca/subscribe.
2020/21 Masterworks Series Highlights
- Music Director Otto Tausk opens the season with the return of Violinist James Ehnes in Sibelius’ rich and soulful concerto in Ehnes, Sibelius & Strauss
- Tausk Conducts Beethoven’s 9th to complete the Beethoven 250 celebration
- Mahler, Goerne & Grimaud features the “superb” (New York Times) German baritone Matthias Goerne performing Mahler’s contrasting Ruckert-Lieder to open MahlerFest
- Brahms Requiem with Bach Toccata & Fugue showcases Canadian baritone Russell Braun and soprano Hélène Brunet in Brahms’ A German Requiem
- Maestro Bramwell Tovey brings cello superstar Mischa Maisky to perform Shostakovich’s Cello Concerto No. 1 in Maisky and Tovey
- The Art of the Horn: Strauss, Wagner and Zemlinsky features Berlin Phil principal horn Stefan Dohr with Strauss’s dramatic Horn Concerto in an evening that includes the music of Wagner and Zemlinsky
Masterworks Gold Series sponsored by Newmont Canada and Masterworks Diamond Series sponsored by Assante Wealth Management