NKMIP CELLARS IS READY TO WELCOME YOU BACK TO SHOP IN OUR RETAIL STORE, BOOK A TASTING AND ENJOY OUR PATIO RESTAURANT.
We’re excited to welcome you back to our winery to help you shop our wide selection of wines from North America’s first Indigenous Winery. Your safety is of utmost importance to us, so we are following Public Health Canada and provincial guidelines to ensure a safe experience at Nk’Mip Cellars.
At this time, we are pleased to offer wine tastings by appointment (starting from 10:00AM – 5:00PM) and purchases in our retail boutique (10:00AM – 8:00PM). Our outdoor Patio Restaurant is available weather permitting (11:30AM – 3:30PM) We continue to follow guidelines from both the provincial and federal government and Public Health Canada, and when it is safe to do so, we look forward to announcing the return of our tours, events and other offerings.
Prior to re-opening, a number of health and safety measures were put into place to keep everyone at our winery safe. These safety measures include:
Increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols for all private and public spaces at the winery
- Employee screening for COVID-19 prior to the start of every shift
- Mandatory increased hand hygiene for all employees, including ensuring there is hand sanitizer at every cash station and procedures during the guest check-out process
- Plexi-glass shields installed at all cashier stations
- Mandatory social distancing for everyone while at the winery will be enforced – we have installed barriers and marked floors to help employees and guests practice social distancing
- Employees must wear a mask or face shield when/if social distancing is not possible
- Guests must hand sanitize prior to entering the Retail Boutique and Patio Restaurant
- Guests who have expressed symptoms of COVID-19 or who have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days will be asked to reschedule their visit
- Patio Restaurant Table Layout ensures physical distancing and limited contact with a clear path for service.
Please note all guests (including Wine Club Members) are required to book a reservation for a tasting. Walk-in guests are welcome if there is an opening in the schedule and they reserve the opening through the reservation system. We ask you to kindly keep in mind:
- Only groups of six guests or less will be allowed at this time
- All tastings are limited to 30 minutes
To make a reservation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly for:
Patio Restaurant 778-409-9915
We look forward to welcoming you and appreciate your support of local BC VQA wines.
The Osoyoos Indian Band, devoted to hard work, innovation, and responding to the challenges of nature, registered under the Indian Act as a reserve in 1877. The centuries-old home of the Osoyoos Indian Reserve is 32,000 acres of Sonoran Desert landscape. Surrounded by time-weathered mountains and dotted by magnificent mirrored lakes, it reaches from Vernon to Tonasket and from Rock Creek to Princeton, with settlements including Osoyoos, Keremeos, Penticton and Kelowna owing their names to the Indigenous language.
Here in the hottest and driest part of Canada, over 500 Osoyoos Band members secure and share a legacy of hard work and a passionate respect for nature. The word Nk’Mip translates to “Bottomland” in English, being located at the southern end of the Osoyoos reservation. Today, the Nk’Mip Cellars are one of many business, health, social, educational and municipal initiatives that have earned the Band financial independence and high employment.
WE’RE INSPIRED TO CAPTURE TIME IN A BOTTLE.
Our Team represents a timeless culture. On behalf of over 500 Band members, we welcome the opportunity to represent our love of land in a way that preserves the authenticity of the past while offering simple pleasures to the present.
Information and images courtesy of the winery.
If you would like to be featured on MyVanCity.ca please email email@example.com, features are complimentary and with appreciation wine samples are accepted for review.