TASTE OF TRADITION: THOMAS HAAS EMBRACES EASTER WITH LATEST COLLECTION OF HANDCRAFTED CREATIONS
Celebrated Chocolatier Springs Forth with Basket of Whimsical Signature Treats, Truffle Eggs, Cakes and Exclusive Prizes for Annual Charity Easter Egg Raffle
Easter is right around the corner and its time again to reveal our latest line up of handcrafted Easter creations, seasonal Spring baking and at the same time support our community with our popular Easter raffle featuring 2 giant chocolate Easter designs and 100 other prizes – all available exclusively at our two Thomas Haas Chocolates & Pâtisserie locations.
Our 2019 Easter collection offers a range of whimsical chocolate creations such as:
- • fan-favourite “Thumper” the animated bunny, starting at $36 and sold by weight;
- • the fast and furious Race Car Bunny Roadster, $39;
- • Hen and Eggs, a mother hen and airbrushed truffle eggs, $39;
- • and the playful Duck or Flower Pot, featuring a handcrafted chocolate flower or duck in a delicate chocolate egg shell and adorned with Easter treats, $39.
- • This year’s new creation is a handmade Chocolate Easter Basket filled with a fun and delectable assortment of chocolate eggs and surprises, $24.
Fresh from the patisserie, Easter also sees the return of seasonal favourites:
- • our signature Easter Stollen, a seasonal delicacy fashioned from almonds, Sicilian pistachios and kirsch-soaked organic cherries with a pistachio-almond marzipan centre, $26;
- • a Chocolate Lavender & Blueberry Cake, an individually sized egg-shaped creation that mingles cassis and blueberry mousse, dark chocolate cream and vanilla shortbread, $6.20; and
- • an Easter Confection Combo pairing chewy caramel chocolates with a delectable cookie, small $9, large $14.
This year’s new chocolate egg designs include:
- • Truffle Eggs in dark chocolate ganache with caramel & lavender, milk chocolate ganache with yuzu, and lemon-and-thyme-infused white chocolate, $1.90 each or $14 for a six-piece clear box tied with a ribbon;
- • Surprise Easter Eggs, hand painted and airbrushed with cocoa, too pretty to hide but deliciously tasty to indulge! Available in three sizes, small $19, medium $32, large $49; and
- • Crispy Gianduja Eggs filled with hazelnut crème and puffed rice, $7 each or $16 for a gift box of two.
Easter basket stuffers also available this year include:
- • Lollipops with hand-piped seasonal designs in dark, milk and white chocolate, $2.90 each or five for $13;
- • Mini Chocolate Bunnies, single nest $2.50, triple nest $6.50 or four for $22; and
- • Easter Nests filled with assorted chocolate eggs, $9.50.
This year we also also offer specialty gift boxes, such as a Handcrafted Easter Chocolate Box filled with a variety of delectable egg-shaped truffles for $39, as well as a wide selection of gift boxes available in two- to 54-piece sizes that can be easily customized with an assortment of signature handmade Haas chocolates.
All 2019 Easter products will be available at both Thomas Haas cafés in North Vancouver and Kitsilano, with a limited selection also available at high-end retailers such as Whole Foods and Urban Fare. A variety of items may also be ordered online at www.thomashaas.com and shipped across Canada.
ANNUAL CHARITY EASTER EGG RAFFLE
Our annual Charitable Easter Egg Raffle returns this year with over 100 delectable Easter prizes — including two giant signature chocolate creations valued at over $1,000 each — available to lucky raffle winners at our Thomas Haas cafés in North Vancouver and Kitsilano. Raffle tickets are $3 each or four for $10 with 100% of the proceeds donated to North Vancouver Foundry and Kitsilano Neighbourhood House.
ABOUT THOMAS HAAS CHOCOLATES & PÂTISSERIE | An internationally acclaimed, fourth-generation pâtissier, Thomas Haas gained experience in Michelin-starred restaurants in Europe and North America before settling in Vancouver and opening his own namesake chocolaterie, patisserie and café in 2005. Haas — Vancouver Magazine’s Pastry Chef of the Year in 2011 and 2013 through ’16 — uses only the finest raw ingredients sourced both locally and from around the globe and, in keeping with family custom, eschews the notion of assembly lines
and mass-production techniques, instead trusting in a talented team of pastry chefs and chocolatiers whose finesse and sensitivity is lovingly expressed in every handmade confection.
Thomas Haas products are exclusively available at both his Kitsilano and North Vancouver cafés as well as select leading hotels, retailers and restaurants across North America. www.thomashaas.com
North Shore | 128 – 998 Harbourside Dr. | North Vancouver, BC V7P 3T2 | 604-924-1847
Kitsilano | 2539 West Broadway | Vancouver, BC V6K 2E9 | 604-736-1848
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed Sunday and Monday)
Good Friday April 19 from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (both locations)
Twitter: @thaaschocolates | Instagram: @thaaschocolates | Facebook: /thaaschocolates
Media release and images provided by Ginette Chambray, Thomas Haas Chocolates.