World Oceans Day is Saturday, June 8 and there’s no better place to celebrate than the Vancouver Aquarium, an Ocean Wise initiative. It’s set to be an exciting day packed with aquatic-themed activities and programs for all ages. There’s so much to see and do!
- Get to know the Ocean Wise initiatives and programs, including Ocean Wise Seafood, Plastic Wise, Ocean Wise Research and Ocean Wise Education, and meet the Vancouver Aquarium’s Marine Mammal Rescue Centre team as you learn how you can get involved in ocean conservation.
- Discover the newest residents in the Graham Amazon Gallery – a flutter of beautiful butterflies – while you learn all about these fascinating invertebrates and the important role they play in ecosystems around the world.
- Be amongst the first to watch A Reef Reborn 4-D – the amazing new movie in our 4-D Theatre – launching June 8. This cinematic adventure is a full sensory experience that’s sure to get your heart pounding.
- Enjoy energetic live performances from Bobs and Lolo. This dynamic duo will have the kids on their feet and the entire family singing along to their favorite songs.
- Get hands on with local marine invertebrates like sea anemones, sea stars and crustaceans with a visit to the Wet Lab.
- Connect with the One Ocean Expeditions crew in real time as they join us from onboard a vessel off the coast of Ireland. Learn about ocean conservation from these true blue ocean champions.
- Be entertained by our puppet troupe, enjoy arts and crafts, and face painting – fun for the young and the young-at-heart. Did we mention there’ll be cake?
Connect with our oceans and the incredible creatures that live within at the Vancouver Aquarium this World Oceans Day. To plan your visit and purchase tickets, visit https://www.vanaqua.org/explore/feature-world-oceans-day.
Media release and image provided by April Penney, Ocean.org