Canadian Starbucks Rewards Members Can Now Earn Aeroplan Points at Starbucks Canada
Partnership builds on Starbucks unmatched digital customer experience, giving Canadians more reasons to choose Starbucks
Things are about to get even more rewarding at Starbucks Canada. Today, the company announced a new strategic partnership, bringing together two of the country’s most recognized and celebrated rewards programs – Starbucks® Rewards and Aeroplan. Through this partnership, Canadians can link their Starbucks Rewards and Aeroplan accounts at www.aircanada.com/starbucks to earn both Starbucks Stars and Aeroplan points on eligible purchases at participating Starbucks Canada locations.
Here’s How it Works:
- Customers can go to aircanada.com/starbucks to link their Aeroplan and Starbucks Rewards accounts.
- Once the accounts are linked, members can start earning Aeroplan points for the following activities via Starbucks Rewards:
- Earn a one-time bonus of 400 Aeroplan points when they create a new Starbucks Rewards account, link it to their Aeroplan account, and make their first purchase using the Starbucks app within one month of creating the Starbucks Rewards account. Visit aircanada.com/starbucks for full details.
- Earn 75 Aeroplan points every time they load or reload $50 to $74.99 to their Starbucks Card.
- Earn 150 Aeroplan points every time they load or reload $75 or more to their Starbucks Card.
- Anyone creating a new Starbucks Rewards account will earn a one-time bonus of 400 Aeroplan points when they link it to their Aeroplan account and complete their first transaction using the Starbucks app within one month of creating the Starbucks Rewards account.
In addition, linked members can purchase Starbucks Cards for a discounted number of points! Members can redeem as few as 1,000 Aeroplan points for $10 Starbucks Card at the Aeroplan eStore.
Limited Time Offers:
To celebrate the launch, Aeroplan members can earn more with the following limited time offers:
- Members can earn 25 Aeroplan points when they make four or more qualifying transactions using Starbucks Rewards in a week. This offer is valid until June 6, 2021.
- Members can earn 50 Aeroplan points every time you redeem at least 150 stars two times or more in a calendar month. This offer is valid until May 31, 2021.
TD Aeroplan Visa Cards:
Until November 7, 2021, members who use their TD Aeroplan Visa card earn 50 per cent more Aeroplan points for every $1 spent on eligible credit card purchases at participating Starbucks locations.
In addition, customers who link their accounts can also purchase Starbucks Cards using fewer Aeroplan points at preferred rates. This includes redeeming as few as 1,000 Aeroplan points for a $10 Starbucks Card at the Aeroplan eStore.
“This ground-breaking partnership makes it simple for the millions of Starbucks Rewards and Aeroplan members to link their accounts, accelerate their earning and ultimately be rewarded even faster” says Peter Furnish, vice president, Product and Marketing, Starbucks Canada. “With meaningful new benefits like this, we are excited to welcome new customers to try the convenient digital experience on the Starbucks app.”
“We redesigned Aeroplan with the feedback and ideas of over 36,000 people. Consistently across this group, members told us that they wanted more opportunities to earn and redeem points in their everyday lives at their favourite brands. We’re proud to launch this first-of-its-kind partnership with Starbucks, a globally respected brand offering a best-in-class experience for all its customers,” said Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce, Air Canada. “New everyday partnerships with well-loved, frequently used brands are another reason to get excited about the reimagined Aeroplan.”
Enhancing the digital customer experience
This new partnership is the latest enhancement in the company’s commitment to create new opportunities for customers, while providing greater convenience and an unmatched digital customer experience through its world-renowned Starbucks app and leading industry loyalty program, Starbucks Rewards. Last November, Starbucks announced a partnership with TD Bank, enabling TD Aeroplan Visa cardholders to earn Aeroplan points faster at participating Starbucks locations. The company also announced enhancements to its Starbucks Rewards programs to let customers pay-as-you-go and still earn Starbucks Stars that can be redeemed toward free food and beverage options.
From drive-thru to mobile ordering, grab-and-go and Mobile Order Curbside Pickup, the Starbucks app continues to enable more convenient digital customer experiences and align with customer preferences that have evolved as a result of COVID-19, while still enabling Starbucks to connect with customers and serve communities safely.
*Starbucks Rewards is available at participating Starbucks locations.
Media release and image provided by Sasha Yeomans, Talk Shop Media.