Canada’s biggest food and drink festival returns January 20 to February 5, 2017
Dine Out Vancouver Festival is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2017, and that means Vancouverites and visitors alike can look forward to a citywide celebration of feasting and fun with delightful surprises sprinkled throughout.
Canada’s largest food and drink festival takes place January 20 to February 5, 2017. Here are 15 ways you can join the festivities as you sip and savour your way through Vancouver’s culinary wonderland:
1. Travelling to Dine Out from outside Vancouver? Book a flight with festival partner Air Canada to receive a 15 percent discount (available from anywhere in Canada and select U.S. cities; see the website for details).
2. Ask Siri to remind you to book tickets the day they’re released – they sell out fast! Splash out on an overnight stay (hotel bookings go live on November 28) and an interactive culinary adventure (select event tickets will be available on November 28). Preview your options at Dineoutvancouver.com.
3. Savour the exotic during the second edition of Dine Out’s World Chef Exchange, featuring celebrity chefs from London, Mexico City, New York/Boston, San Francisco and Galway – no passport required.
4. Give back while fuelling up at the festival’s first-ever charity initiative, a partnership between United Way’s “Stop the Growl” program and Dine Out’s Chef Soup Experiment that will dish out soup to the public in exchange for a nominal donation. Watch for details coming soon.
5. Play Dine Out Russian Roulette: Prix fixe menus available at $20, $30 and $40 price points present the perfect opportunity to try a restaurant you’ve never experienced – and be sure to ask for expert pairings of BC VQA wine, courtesy of the Wines of British Columbia.
6. Hunker down for a long winter’s nap with Big Rock Brewery’s exclusive Dine Out beer. The English-style ale – packed with plum and chocolate tasting notes – will be available at select events, or you can purchase growlers online when buying tickets to certain events.
7. Surprise your sweetheart with a lavish Amuse-Bouche hotel package that pairs overnight accommodation with luxe amenities and culinary enhancements. These exclusive packages go on sale November 28.
8. Food truck-hop at Street Food City, featuring an array of the city’s best-loved street eats congregating at a new location – stay tuned for details.
9. Get in the “spirit” by signing up for a cocktail masterclass led by globally award-winning bartender Lauren Mote. We’ll cheers to that!
10. The holidays are fast approaching, and a Dine Out culinary experience or hotel stay makes for a standout gift. Tweet or ‘gram how you’ll give the gift of Dine Out using hashtags #DOVF and #MyDineOutStory, and you could win a restaurant gift card.
11. Ride the buzz with a Vancouver Coffee Tour, taking place over three days and showcasing the best of the city’s underground coffee culture. A separate tour delves into the city’s best coffee and beer, for a double whammy pick-me-up.
12. Fall in foodie love with the city’s distinct neighbourhoods on culinary jaunts that visit the best of Railtown, Granville Island, Main Street, Kitsilano, Commercial Drive and Gastown.
13. Dine with the fishes at the Vancouver Aquarium’s brand-new Pop-Up Bistro.
14. Reacquaint yourself with longstanding Dine Out events like Secret Supper Soiree and The Grape Debate – after all, you can’t beat the classics.
15. Save room for dessert! End your meal on a sweet note by indulging in a treat or three. Happy Birthday, Dine Out!
About Dine Out Vancouver Festival:
Produced by Tourism Vancouver, Dine Out Vancouver Festival is Canada’s largest annual celebration of food and drink. Attracting more than 100,000 locals and visitors, the festival takes over the city with 17 days of culinary events, prix fixe menus at 250-plus restaurants (at $20, $30 or $40 price points), as well as “Dine and Stay” packages and special hotel rates. The festival promotes local and regional ingredients, the wines of British Columbia, and the city’s exceptional culinary talent. Festival partners are the Wines of British Columbia, Aeroplan and YP Dine. Preferred partners include Air Canada, OpenTable, Metro newspaper and Tickets Tonight. Dine Out Vancouver Festival 2017 runs from January 20 to February 5.
dineoutvancouver.com @DineOutVanFest #dovf
Tourism Vancouver’s focus is on building exceptional customer relationships with meeting planners, travel influencers, travel media and independent tourists. The organization’s brand essence is about “exceeding expectations”.