FAIRMONT HOTEL VANCOUVER INVITES PUBLIC TO CELEBRATE 80 YEARS ON MAY 24TH
Lunch for $19.39, Live Music, Happy Hour Party –and of course, cake on the menu for 80thanniversary
On May 25, 1939 the third Hotel Vancouver swung open its doors and four days later welcomed King George VI and Queen Elizabeth who officially opened the property and were guests at a luncheon held in their honour. Eighty years later, the hotel has become a city landmark and, although the menu has changed, is still playing host to royals and celebrities. To celebrate its 80th anniversary, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver invites the public to drop in on May 24th and enjoy:
- Debut of 80th Anniversary Photo Exhibition. The hotel’s anniversary exhibition, inspired by its storied past and captured through the contemporary lens of Dennis Grocer of The Collective You, is unveiled in the lobby and on display throughout the year.
- 9:00 am to 11:00 am – Hail Caesar. With a purchase of any breakfast item in Notch8, guests will receive one complimentary cocktail from the Caesar bar.
- 8:00 am – Power Breakfast Bars will be distributed to the first 1,000 guests. Available at the hotel entrances on Burrard and Georgia, the bars are made from executive chef Colin Burslem’s personal recipe and chock full of goodness with dried local cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and oatmeal.
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Cake for a Crowd. Watch Pastry Chef Eric Fernandez and his team create a five foot (80% chocolate in keeping with the anniversary theme!) cake in the shape of the hotel for the afternoon celebration.
- 11:30 – 2:00 pm – $19.39 Lunch Special in Notch8: Diners can indulge on a deal with a set menu lunch inspired by archival menus. Served on a silver tray, it includes a Waldorf Salad with walnuts, apple, grapes and celery served in a lettuce cup, a pot of New England Clam Chowder with oyster crackers (an ode to Griffin’s restaurant), rotisserie Chicken Vol Au Vent with peas, carrots, sweet corn and mushrooms, and Chocolate profiterole and Vanilla Chilboust for dessert. Taxes and gratuities are not included. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made at email@example.com or 604-662-1900.
- 3:30 pm – Cake and bubbles. Join General Manager Adam Laker for the cake cutting and a celebratory toast in the lobby. Limited to the first 500 guests.
- 4:00 pm – 8:30 pm – Lobby Party with live music and dancing to Trilojay in Notch8 and the Lobby Court. Buffet available for $49 per person (includes taxes and gratuities) with a Seafood Bar of oysters, crab cocktail, jumbo prawns, torched ahi tuna, Carvery with prime rib, Yorkshire pudding and jus, Soup Station with French onion soup with raclette, London gin tomato soup with inside out grilled cheese, and lobster bisque with lobster rolls, and Dessert Bar with homemade gelato, orangettes, chocolate bark, truffles and babas au rhum.