Celebrate National Blueberry Pancake Day on January 28 with BC Blueberries
Although this year’s Blueberry Pancake Day looks a little different, one thing hasn’t changed: the delicious BC Blueberries that turn regular pancakes into dishes fit for National Blueberry Pancake Day.
Make National Blueberry Pancake Day Special
To get inspired, here are tips, tricks, and recipe ideas to celebrate at home:
- Available in the freezer aisle all year round, look for “cultivated” or “high bush” and “Buy BC” and/or “Product of Canada” on the packages to make sure the blueberries for your pancakes are from BC.
- Have blueberry pancakes for dinner! BC Blueberries are a versatile ingredient that can be used during any meal, so who’s to say that you can’t have blueberry pancakes for dinner?
- Turn your pancakes blue. To give your pancakes a bright blueberry hue, add them into your pancake mix right away. Mash them up as you mix ingredients to get a true-blue colour.
- Try a new pancake recipe. Swap out your usual pancakes for one of our Blueberry Pancake recipes. From vegan to three-ingredient, and even traditional fluffy pancakes, there’s something for everyone!
BC Blueberry Pancake Recipes
Packed full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, BC Blueberries are a great ingredient to help kick-off the new year on a healthy note.
Try any of the following recipes and remember to share your creations online by tagging @bcblueberries when you post.
- Healthy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes (Gluten Free)
- 3-Ingredient Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
- Blueberry Ginger Pancakes
- Blueberry Orange Spice Pancakes
We can’t wait to see how you go BC blue for #NationalBlueberryPancakeDay!
About the BC Blueberry Council
British Columbia’s pure waters, clean air, rich soils, and moderate climate create perfect growing conditions for blueberries, making BC one of the largest highbush blueberry-growing regions in the world, and Canada’s number one small fruit export. Producing an average of 160 million lbs annually, British Columbia’s highbush blueberry industry ranks among the top five world producers.
The BC Blueberry Council represents more than 600 highbush blueberry growers in British Columbia. The Council’s vision is a sustainable blueberry industry that consistently delivers delicious, top quality blueberries to the world. This is achieved through promotions, research, and providing grower support.
BC Blueberries are versatile and fresh, harvested from July through September, and available frozen for berry lovers year-round. Every berry grown and harvested in BC brings natural energy and superfood health to recipes, tables, kitchens, and berry snackers. Learn more at www.bcblueberry.com
Media release and images provided by Brooklynn Doucette, Town Hall Brands. Images courtesy of BC Blueberry Council.