Explore the dark side of the ocean this Halloween at Vancouver Aquarium After Hours event on Tuesday, Oct. 24. When the lights go down, the intrigue goes up as guest witness the nocturnal habits of the 50,000+ aquatic creatures during this adults-only spooky soiree.
Come eat, drink, and be scary, and grab a beer or glass of wine and a snack while exploring the Aquarium’s galleries and discovering the eerie sea life. Dress in your Halloween-best and participate in the first-ever After Hours costume contest; there are prizes and bragging rights on the line for best costume, best group costume, and best aquatic-themed costume.
In addition to the ever-changing scenery, there are lots of killer things to see and do:
- Learn about the Dangerous Animals that live in local waters during this shocking program
- Put your aquatic knowledge to the test during the Kraken Trivia Show
- Find out what goes chomp in the dark during the Secret Lives of Sharks program
- Catch a screening of the exhilarating 4-D film, Coastal Predators
- Roll up your sleeves and get hands-on with marine invertebrates like blood stars, spiny sea urchins, and more in our Wet Lab…if you dare
Where: Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park (845 Avison Way)
When: Tuesday, Oct. 24 from 6 to 10 p.m.
What: Adults-only access to Vancouver Aquarium, including the Wet Lab, all galleries, the 4-D theatre, and Discover Rays. Food, wine, and beer will be available for purchase.
Tickets are only available online at vanaqua.org/afterhours. Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets early as this event sells out. Tickets are $27 for members and $35 for non-members; prices include tax.
After Hours is a 19+ event. Photo ID is required for entry. All ticket sales are final. Membership cards will be required for member-priced ticket holders.
Vancouver Aquarium, an Ocean Wise initiative, is one of the world’s leading accredited aquariums, dedicated to the conservation of aquatic life. www.vanaqua.org
Social Media: @VanAqua | #AfterHoursVA