Dive deep into the caverns of your mind for trivia night at After Hours on Friday, Apr 20 at Vancouver Aquarium®, an Ocean Wise® initiative. This adults-only event is the perfect night out for trivia buffs, ocean lovers, and the big kids at heart.
With a drink in hand, refresh your marine memory as you explore the Aquarium’s many galleries, take in the new Shark: A 4-D Experience, and enjoy special programs like ‘Meet a Penguin’ and an adults-only puppet show. Then put that aquatic knowledge to the test as you play a round or two of trivia. Belly up to a table with your pals (or soon-to-be pals) and put your heads together to answer a series of fun and fascinating ocean-themed questions. Submit your responses at the end of the round and enter to win fin-tastic prizes.
When you’re not showing off your sea smarts at trivia, there’s just so much to see and do:
- Enjoy discovering more than 50,000 animals as you tour the Aquarium’s many galleries
- Embark on a sensory adventure as you watch the thrilling new film Shark: A 4-D Experience
- Get up close with our sharply-dressed feathered friends when you ‘Meet a Penguin’
- Take in an ‘Adults Only Puppet Show’ that will leave you and your pals in stiches
- Roll up your sleeves and experience hands-on learning with marine invertebrates like sea stars, sea urchins, and more in our mobile Wet Lab
- Enjoy beer, wine, and cocktails as well as munchies from the Aquarium Café, including Ocean Wise executive chef Ned Bell’s sustainable (Sea)Weed Brownies
Where: Vancouver Aquarium (845 Avison Way)
When: Friday, Apr 20 from 6 to 10 p.m.
What: Adults-only access to Vancouver Aquarium, all galleries, and the 4-D theatre. Food, wine, and beer will be available for purchase.
Tickets are only available online at vanaqua.org/afterhours. Purchase your tickets early to avoid disappointment as the event often sells out. Tickets are $27 for members and $35 for non-members.
Located in beautiful Stanley Park, there are a number of scenic, safe, and sustainable transportation options for After Hours guests including walking or biking and taking public transportation. For details, visit www.vanaqua.org/visit/location.
After Hours is a 19+ event. Photo ID is required for entry. All ticket sales are final. Membership cards will be required for member-priced ticket holders.
Vancouver Aquarium®, an Ocean Wise® initiative, is one of the world’s leading accredited aquariums, dedicated to the conservation of aquatic life.www.vanaqua.org
Social Media: @VanAqua | #AfterHoursVA