This November, Chef Jas Dosanj from Poppadoms, is encouraging Okanagan residents to ‘Taste India’ with her. The India-born Chef has created a personalized culinary tour package for approximately 15 days of travel.
The tour consists of visiting spice and tea plantations, exploring the smells and tastes of local markets, relaxing on a beach in Goa, learning regional cooking in Goa and Kerala, cruising down the Backwaters of Alleppey, watching a Kathakali dance performance in Kerala, feasting on the street food in Mumbai and learning about Bollywood and the history behind Mumbai. The tour combines a mix of home cooked meals by local families, eating at carefully selected hotels and smaller independent restaurants, packed with locals.
“I’ve owned a restaurant in the Okanagan for 6 years and have always tried to show how regional the cuisine of India is, especially with my monthly cooking classes. Now, we get experience the colour of India, exploring the South of India and see how locals live. I’m very excited for the Festival of Light called Diwali, which is the major” said Chef Jas Dosanj of Poppadoms.
Culinary Tour Details:
- November 1 to 16, 2018 – arriving November, 3
- Cities include:
- Cochin, Fort Kochi, Munnar, Madurai, Periyar, Thekkady, Alleppey (Kerala)
- Madurai (Tamil Nadu)
- Madgaon City, Ponda (Goa)
- Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- Guests can extend their trip by 5 days if they wish to experience the Taj Mahal and Delhi with Jas Dosanj
- Price: $2,990 per person based on double occupancy room (single occupancy rates are available). Trip includes domestic flights in India, hotels, site seeing and cooking class experiences, private English-speaking tour guide with designated tour bus and some meals
- International flights are extra
- A non-refundable deposit is required by Monday, April 30, 2018
About Jas Dosanj and Poppadoms
Born and raised in New Delhi, India, Jas Dosanj moved to Kelowna in 2009 from Southampton, England, to open up award-winning restaurant, Poppadoms. Known as ‘mum’ to everybody in the industry, Jas has introduced the Okanagan to her true-to-its-roots family recipes that supported our local farmers. Jas believes in a fresh, simple and honest approach to food, changing menus seasonally, and teaching people about how each region in India is different with tastes, spice blends and techniques. Jas can be found at the Kelowna Farmers’ and Crafters’ Market. Poppadoms also offer monthly cooking classes at Urban Fare in Kelowna, catering, culinary tours to India, as well as special events for corporate team building. For more information, see poppadoms.ca.
Instagram: @poppadoms | Twitter: @poppadomsca | facebook.com/poppadoms.ca