One year of providing $10 a month will bring clean water to a child for life.
Join one of Canada’s oldest clean water charities who partner with hundreds of local volunteers to bring clean fresh water to rural Ugandans.
Our goal with the Give $10 campaign is to have 2020 be the year everyday heroes can create tangible, positive impact even during this pandemic by joining Acts for Water as a Monthly Membership. By committing to 1 year of $10/month (the equivalent of a Netflix or Spotify subscription) donors will bring a lifetime of fresh, clean water to a child who currently goes without. We will show donors where their gift went with GPS location, provide them with timely on location video content and keep them updated every step of the way. Together, 2020 can be the year when we provide clean water, when it matters most.
Let’s Take Action!
July 16th between 10am – 2pm PST
– Join the Acts for Water (@actsforwater) Monthly Membership Club and for just $10 a month, bring a lifetime of clean, fresh water to a child who currently goes without.
– $2 provides clean, fresh water to 1 child for 1 year.
– $10 a month for 1 year brings that same child clean water: for life.
– Clean water is the best way to help children transform their future, Acts for Water is focused on being the best at just that.
– This summer, as kids in Uganda, just like here, prepare to go back to school we want to:
– Break ground on a project to bring clean water to over 2000 children, women and men.
– Build a latrine block for 800 students
– Teach soap making to 200 women
– Train Village Health Officers to teach thousands of families the basics of health and sanitation.
● 1 in 4 people in Uganda go without access to clean water.
● Most will walk a 6km round trip just to fetch water from a swamp.
● It’s the number one reason 1 in 4 girls don’t complete their schooling.
The Heart of Acts for Water
We believe giving a child clean, accessible water is the best way to help them transform their future .
We’re focussed on being the best at just that, but we need your help to do even more. For over 30 years, passionate people like you have been partnering with Acts for Water to provide clean, accessible water delivered right in front of the homes of children in rural Uganda. It has changed everything for these communities and now we need you to join us so that together we can do even more. We work with a local team of Ugandan nationals and over 400 local community volunteers on any given project that provides fresh water for thousands. This morning, over 230 000 children, women and men will wake up and drink clean water from a Tap Stand built by the Acts for Water community.
Acts for Water & COVID-19
COVID-19 has swept the global, affecting everyone, from every walk of life, including the most vulnerable. Acts for Water has added to their programs to aid and minimize the dramatic impact the pandemic is having within East Africa.
Can you imagine hearing how critical it is to wash your hands, but only having water that you walked 3 hours to the swamp for, to do it with? Can you imagine being on lockdown for over 60 days, while living on less than $1 a day? Can you imagine facing the fear of COVID-19 in a country of 42 million and only 40 ICU beds?
Acts for Water is helping provide safety today so that a generation can thrive tomorrow. It all starts with clean water.
Media release, images and video provided by Sarah Shandl, Acts for Water.