New Spring Releases
We are excited to share that as of Friday, April 2nd, all of our new spring releases will be available on the tasting bar and for sale online.
- Pinot Gris 2020
- Riesling 2020
- Dry Riesling 2020
- Grüner Veltliner 2020
- Rosé 2020
- Camels White 2020
- Camels RedI
If you click on the links for each of the wines above, you can watch a video featuring Brett Cooper, our Tasting Room and Hospitality Manager, as he discusses each of these new releases.
This week, Dr. Henry announced new restrictions in place until at least April 19th. Here is what these new restrictions mean:
- our wine shop remains open and you are still able to sample the wines before you purchase them; we have a limited capacity of 12 people in the tasting room, and groups can be no larger than 6 people
- all of our indoor seating has been removed as indoor seated tastings are currently not allowed
- at this time, we can offer wine for sale by the glass and seated tastings on the patio, weather permitting
- for contactless pick-up, call the tasting room at 1-877-956-7768 ext 201 when you arrive, and one of us will come out with your order and place it in your trunk or back seat
- we continue to offer shipping via Canada Post
Spring is Blooming
Now that we have turned the calendar to April, spring is in the air. Despite a skiff of snow this week, our vineyard team is working in the vineyard pruning, doing soil checks, and laying down and tying canes to the wires. We are getting ready for the start of bud break, which we anticipate within the next week in our newer vines. If you are on Facebook or Instagram, keep an eye out on our posts for updates on what’s happening in the vineyard and winery at this time of year.
Our winery tasting room will be open as follows:
- Good Friday 10am-4pm
- Saturday 10am-4pm
- Easter Sunday 10am-4pm
- Easter Monday 10am-4pm
In addition to Easter and the upcoming long weekend, another reason to celebrate is the fact that April is BC Wine Month. This is a great time to open up a bottle of one of our new releases and raise a glass to say cheers. We are open from 10am-4pm Thursday through Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday), through the end of April. We look forward to seeing you in our tasting room in the near future.
The Fort Berens Team
Information and images courtesy of the winery.