1.5 oz. Pisco
1 oz. Ginger Syrup
0.5 oz. Lime juice
4 oz. Soda water
0.5 oz. Chicha Morada syrup*
* Chicha Morada Syrup
- 1 bag purple corn (find at South American specialty grocery stores).
- 3 litre water
- 1 apple (peeled and diced)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pineapple skin
- 3 pcs cloves
Gently boil all ingredients for three hours. Chill and fine strain. Add sugar and fresh lime juice to achieve desired sweetness. Bottle and keep for up to two weeks.
- In a tall glass with ice, add Pisco, ginger syrup, lime juice and soda water and stir.
- Finish the drink with a slice of lime and float the Chicha Morada syrup to create a nice “stormy” effect.
INGREDIENTS1 oz. Aperol1 oz. Cinzano Sweet Vermouth
0.75 oz. Strawberry Rhubarb Syrup
0.75 oz. Lemon Juice
1 Egg White
- Dry shake Aperol, Vermouth, strawberry rhubarb syrup lemon juice and egg white in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake with ice for approximately 7 seconds.
- Fine strain into a coupe glass.
- Mist with rose water.
Bar Manager, Juke Fried Kitchen & Ribs
Adam Domet’s L’Amour Rouge (the love that is red) cocktail is a sweet and citrusy sparkling cocktail with a red hue courtesy of a house-made raspberry and butter-washed bourbon.
- 20ml Raspberry Butter-washed Buffalo Trace Bourbon*
- 10 ml Yellow Chartreuse
- 10 ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 30 ml Sparkling Wine
*In a sauce pan on low heat, melt 70 grams of unsalted butter with 60 grams of frozen raspberries. Stir until incorporated and not burned. Pour mixture over 750 ml (1 bottle) of Buffalo Trace Bourbon. Cover and let sit for four hours at room temperature. Move to fridge or freezer until the butter rises and can be scooped off solidly, then strain.
- Combine all ingredients except for sparkling wine in a c cocktail shaker and shake hard for 8 seconds.
- Fine strain into a stemmed cocktail glass or flute.
- Add sparkling wine, sip and enjoy.
Bar Manager, Pourhouse
CUPID’S LOVE SPELL
‘Cupid’s Love Spell’ is a strong sipper that’s sure to enchant classic cocktail fans. Bartender Sabrine Dhaliwal blends full-bodied cognac, Cocchi Rosa (an aromatized wine aperitivo), and bittersweet Amaro Averna liqueur for a spirit-forward love potion that makes the perfect after a romantic meal.
- 30ml Hennesy VS
- 30ml Cocchi Rosa
- 5ml Amaro Averna
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice, stir for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour over large ice cube in a rocks glass.
- Express orange oils over cocktail and drop twist.
- Garnish with a cherry.
- 1 ½ oz. Odd Society Wallflower gin
- ¾ oz. Raspberry liqueur
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- ¼ oz. White crème de cacao
- 3 drops rose water
- ¾ oz. Raspberry rose syrup*
*For the Raspberry rose syrup:
1 pint raspberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup dried rose hip
Over medium heat, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil. Add raspberries and rosehip and infuse until syrup is cool. Strain into a mason jar and refrigerate for up to one month.
- Combine all ingredients into a Boston shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into a Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with two raspberries.
- 45 ml Beefeater Gin
- 15 ml Okanagan Spirits Raspberry Liqueur
- 5 ml BG Reynold’s Orgeat
- 5 ml Giffard’s White Chocolate Syrup
- 5 ml BG Reynold’s Devine Vanilla Syrup
- 8 ml Champagne Vinegar
- 1 small egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail tin and shake
- Double strain into a cocktail glass
- Top with hibiscus dust (ground dried hibiscus)
This cocktail is a twist on the classic Clover Club, an early 20th-century favourite created by and for the Gentlemen’s Social Club of the same name that was founded in the late 1800s, its membership would meet in secrecy in the basement of the historic Bellevue-Stratford hotel in Philadelphia and counted amongst its membership some of the most respectable sporting gentlemen of the age.