This Valentine’s Day, Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver and YEW seafood + bar are making it easy for guests to win some serious brownie points with a stunning five-course menu, personally suggested wine pairings by Veuve Clicquot and an option to have a beautiful bouquet delivered to their table. Four Seasons in-house pastry team has also been busy hand-crafting elegant, extraordinary chocolates that make gift-giving a breeze.
Valentines with Veuve Clicquot
This Valentine’s Day, YEW’s offerings have been designed to help guests blow their date away with a memorable, romantic evening. Indulge in a luxurious five-course tasting menu, thoughtfully designed to embrace a perfect pairing. A Veuve Clicquot ambassador will be in-house to share wine pairing suggestions based on guest preferences, and to perfectly align with Executive Chef Edgar Kano’s Valentine’s menu. For only CAD 99 per person, guests can look forward to lavish dishes such as roasted sablefish with dungeness crab and dill emulsion, and a duo of duck with beet relish, black currant and gastrique jus.
YEW has also partnered with Garlands florist for this day of romance, and each reservation will accompany the option to pre-select a beautiful bouquet to surprise a special someone at the table. With several bouquet options, guests can select which florals to have awaiting them at the table, without all the extra legwork.
Reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling 604 692 4939. A Valentine’s vegan menu is also available.
Something Sweet: Valentines Chocolate Love Locks
Traditionally, love locks are locked to a fixture with the key thrown away to symbolise a couple’s unbreakable love. Designed by the Hotel’s in-house pastry team, led by Executive Pastry Chef Suraj Karmakar and hand crafted from single origin 65 percent chocolate, these love locks make a gorgeous gift that won’t be forgotten. Love Locks will be available for purchase at YEW seafood + bar on February 13 and 14, 2019 for CAD 40.
A Menu Made for Sharing
Soft lighting, shareable dishes, impeccable service and a wine list that wows, YEW seafood + bar is always a prime date night location. Whether patrons are enjoying a much overdue dinner together or just grabbing a quick bite with cocktails before a show downtown, these are some of YEW’s must-try date dishes:
- Freshly Shucked Oysters – Shucks, oysters are a no-brainer. YEW serves up a selection of icy raw oysters with a changing selection of house-made mignonettes.
- Prawn Campechana – Succulent prawns settled in a flavourful avocado, tomato and cilantro sauce, this elevated take on a shrimp cocktail is satisfying and easy to enjoy without pausing the conversation.
- YEW Seafood Pot – Designed to be a date dish for sharing, it’s decadent, delicious and perfect for two. Dig in to this fragrant bowl bursting with clams, mussels, lobster, prawns, scallops and steamed heirloom potatoes in a white wine sauce.
Plan a Romantic Long Weekend Getaway
Couples can spend more time together this Valentine’s Day, complements of Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. Take advantage of the Hotel’s Third Night Free Offer to receive an extra evening to enjoy each other’s company, and take in all the city has to offer. Reserve a Valentines getaway today online or by calling 1 866 223 9333.
Bling, Bliss and Blow-Outs
- Stittgen Fine Jewelry – Located on the second floor lobby, Stittgen Fine Jewelry is one of Vancouver’s pre-eminent custom jewelers known for designing highly personal works of art as well and lovely ready-to-wear pieces. Select something special without having to leave the Hotel, with glistening gifts such as diamond hoops, a pearl bracelet, or a meaningful promise ring. Open from Tuesday to Sunday, Stittgen offers complimentary diamond jewelry cleaning and inspection and custom consultation for handcrafted, locally-made, bespoke pieces.
- RedCedar Boutique Massage Suite – Treat a special someone to a relaxing couples massage at RedCedar Boutique Massage Suite. Spend some quality time side-by side with two therapists working in unison to provide an unforgettable shared experience. Enjoy the same massage or pick something completely different. Appointments can be made through Hotel Concierge, or by calling 604 689 9333.
- Blo Blow Dry Bar – Begin a flawless evening with a hair appointment at Blo. An uplifting hair experience is the perfect follow up after a relaxing massage at RedCedar. Located on the Hotel’s second floor lobby, Blo’s expertly trained team of stylists transforms tresses, leaving guests looking as good as they feel. To make an appointment call Blo at 604 609 5460.
Media release and images provided by Krisann Hamazaki, Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.