CIBO TRATTORIA, UVA WINE & COCKTAIL BAR INTRODUCE NEW NEGRONI, APERITIVO HOUR MENUS
Uva’s Negroni-Inspired Menu Showcases Six Unique Takes on the Classic Italian Cocktail, Aperitivo Hour Takes Centre Stage Every Afternoon at Twin Downtown Destinations
Fans of Italian fare and cocktails can take a refreshing sip and a culinary trip via a new specialty Negroni menu available at Uva Wine & Cocktail Bar and a daily Aperitivo Hour menu offered at Uva and its sister restaurant Cibo Trattoria beginning today.
UVA NEGRONI MENU
Uva’s talented team of bartenders have come together to debut a collection of one-of-a-kind cocktails inspired by the ubiquitous and beloved Negroni, a classic Italian aperitivo typically comprising gin, vermouth and Campari. Offered at $16 each, Uva’s new menu of Negroni libations includes:
- L’Essenziale (Bombay Sapphire, Lillet Rosé, Cocchi Americano, wild orange essential oil);
- Early Buds (Earl Grey-infused Bombay Sapphire, Campari, dry vermouth Uva blend, rose water);
- Violetta (Bombay Sapphire, Bitter Bianco, Cocchi Americano, crème de violette);
- Oscuro (Bombay Sapphire infused with active charcoal, Punt e Mes, Aperol);
- Stella (star anise-infused Flor de Caña 5 yr, mango-infused Campari, Bitter Bianco);
- Summer Ruby (Bombay Sapphire, Aperol, Noilly Prat Ambré, rhubarb bitters).
APERITIVO HOUR AT CIBO AND UVA
Available daily from 2:30 to 5 p.m. at both Cibo and Uva, Aperitivo Hour offers guests special prices on house wine ($6 per glass, $30 per bottle), Mission Hill ‘Estate Series’ sauvignon blanc, cabernet merlot or rosé and La Pieve ‘Pergolo’ Prosecco ($8 per glass, $40 per bottle) and $8 house cocktails in addition to small bites for $5 each such as:
- Gnocchi Fritti (whipped smoked salmon and ricotta dip);
- Arancini (daily rotating flavour);
- Giardiniera and Dip (house-made crunchy pickled vegetable medley with dip);
- Salumi (choice of daily selection);
- Panissa (crispy chickpea fries with aioli).
Cibo will also offer an expanded food menu during Aperitivo Hour that features:
- Olives (citrus and herb-marinated), $7;
- Bruschetta (blistered cherry tomatoes, Parmigiano Reggiano, balsamic, smoked salt), $8;
- White Anchovies on Toast (citrus and olive oil-marinated anchovies, grilled ciabatta), $9;
- Piatto di Formaggi (selection of local and imported cheese with accompaniments), $11;
- Pizza al Taglio (Roman-style pizza, tomato, basil, fior di latte), $12.
- Carciofi (crispy artichoke hearts, whipped ricotta, lemon, pepper), $14;
- Polpette (pork and beef meatballs, tomato, parmesan, herb crumb), $14;
- Burrata (Italian burrata, English peas, onion seed crisp, lemon gremolata), $17;
- Carpaccio (rosemary aioli, crispy caper, grilled garlic scape, semi-dry tomatoes, pickled cipollini, crostini), $19;
Reservations for Cibo Trattoria can be made via OpenTable or by calling the restaurant at 604-602-9570, while Uva accepts walk-ins only based on availability.
For more information about Cibo Trattoria, go to cibotrattoria.com, become a fan of /CiboTrattoria on Facebook and follow @CiboTrattoria on Twitter and @cibotrattoria on Instagram. For more information about Uva Wine & Cocktail Bar, go to uvavancouver.com, become a fan of /UvaVancouver on Facebook and follow @UvaVancouver on Twitter and @uvavancouver on Instagram.
Media release and images proided by Kate Blythe, SMC Communications Inc.
If you would like to be featured on MyVanCity.ca please email email@example.com for details.