Dried Apricot, Chestnut & Brioche Bread Stuffing
2 loaves brioche bread, diced into cubes
4 stalks celery, diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
½ bunch fresh sage, chopped
¼ bunch fresh thyme, chopped
1 small handful of dried apricots, diced
1 cup roasted chestnuts, chopped
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
½ pound butter
reserved turkey fat/drippings
3 cups turkey stock
4 whole eggs whisked together
juice of one orange
salt, cracked black pepper to taste
1 tbsp old bay seasoning spice
- In an oven preheated to 350°F, toast the brioche cubes into golden brown croutons with garlic oil and salt. Set aside.
- Sauté the onion, celery, garlic, thyme, sage and seasonings together in the reserved turkey dripping and butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the croutons, chestnuts, pine nuts, sautéed vegetables, orange juice, turkey stock and eggs. Season with salt and pepper, mix and place into a casserole dish.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve with juicy turkey and gravy.
By Dan Olson, Chef/Owner, Railtown Catering
Images Jelger Tanja Photography